GT750B clock question

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Re: GT750B clock question

Post by Waterbuffalo »

As far as I'm aware the dual scale brown speedometer for the B model GT750 was a UK only item. I have yet to see it listed for any other country.
Two strokes, its just that simple.
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

A bit of digging reveals the requirement for dual scale speedometers to be part of the construction and use regs of 1986, these consolidated earlier legislation from the late '70's back to the 60's and European law. I'm fairly sure they (dual scale speedo's) were in the earlier 1970's regs (we'd just joined the EEC as it was) but can't at the moment find the actual legislation in the government archive. Perhaps the Japanese were just "anticipating".
Not unusually the Construction and Use regs conflict with the MOT regs. Rather like Fire Safety Regulations and Building Regulations sadly.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

BATTS wrote:A bit of digging reveals the requirement for dual scale speedometers to be part of the construction and use regs of 1986, these consolidated earlier legislation from the late '70's back to the 60's and European law. I'm fairly sure they (dual scale speedo's) were in the earlier 1970's regs (we'd just joined the EEC as it was) but can't at the moment find the actual legislation in the government archive. Perhaps the Japanese were just "anticipating".
Not unusually the Construction and Use regs conflict with the MOT regs. Rather like Fire Safety Regulations and Building Regulations sadly.
After Brexit we will be legally required to Tippex out the kph scale
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Probably not an EU thing as there are no similar requirements, that I can find, in Germany, France or Italy. Vehicles produced in Mainland Europe only have KMH speedo's. Probably one of the many regulations that the British Government decided to "gold plate" using the EU as an excuse. Happened a lot. In my industry (Financial Services) the EU directive was 4 pages long (in English) which the UK treasury and FCA managed to translate into a rule book that when printed on both sides of A4 paper stood some 5 foot tall!!
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Try this ....
Attachments
image.jpeg
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Bloody 'ell! A temp gauge in kilometres!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Bloody 'ell! A temp gauge in kilometres!
And a rev counter in earth orbits :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!