gt380 exhaust hangers

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
nairb123

gt380 exhaust hangers

Post by nairb123 »

Are there any part numbers for the exhaust hangers on a gt380. I guess they are the same on the 550/750. I have looked on the Alpha Sports web pages but cannot find these brackets listed separately.

The brackets are:-
exhaust hangers.jpg
I know they are held on with m8 nuts but dont know if they are held on with spring washer AND washer or just spring washer.

Ta
Nairb
Alan H

Re: gt380 exhaust hangers

Post by Alan H »

http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Says 'washer' and 'nut'.
But personally, I fit stainless flat and spring washers with a stainless nut - all from Toolstation where they're cheap as chips.
They do stainless nyloc nuts too. Yes I know they aren't OEM, but anything to make the bike safer and stop bits falling off is an improvement in my book.
They also do stainless 5 and 6mm dome nuts which look pretty wherever you can - like under the clocks and hold the chrome plates to the underside of them, or to hold the clock brackets to the top triple tree. I have a good selection and don't fit mild steel nuts/bolts and washers at all if I can help it.
Put a smear of copper grease on the threads before you put the nut on each stud, then you know they'll come off again without any pain!

Hope you're going to clean and paint the brackets first - I don't think that was an original Suzuki colour!!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I think originally, they used loctite or similar, but I'm with Alan. It may well not be me taking them off in the distant future, but I like to build in the option to dismantle easily :D
Mike
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Last edited by nairb123 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Its a good question. I expect the desire for these will fall away as we do!
But then again, unless you're planning to pass them on as part of an inheritance, it doesn't really matter :twisted:
Mike
oldsmokey

Post by oldsmokey »

[quote="yeadon_m"]Its a good question. I expect the desire for these will fall away as we do!

Sad, but probably true :(
johnbno1

Post by johnbno1 »

I don't know 3 cylinder 2 strokes are before my time I had off road stuff but an FS1e was my 16 year old first on the road bike in 84 but once you have the 2 stroke buzz that's it 8-)