New Here !!

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
KettleCas

New Here !!

Post by KettleCas »

Hello all :)
I'm new to the site, Nickname Cas, live in the sunny East Midlands.
At present I have 2 Kwaks, 1978 - Z1000a2 and a 1974 - Z1a.
Always loved 2 strokes, largest capacity back in the day was my RD400E, now looking to own and ride a GT750 :D
Not found anything suitable as yet but to be honest I have only been looking for a couple of weeks.
I am open to considering all options (advice welcome) :?
Looking forward to getting to know everyone and to joining in with the banter ....... :D
yeadon_m

Re: New Here !!

Post by yeadon_m »

Welcome, Cas!
Even though you currently own only diesels :D I'm sure you'll get along with a GT triple very well.
You won't be far away from Barry / Baz who is one of the founders of this site. Worth chatting to or visiting. Nice man.
I'm way down in east Kent, but I have a selection of GTs to keep me sane!
Cheers,
Mike
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Hi kettlecas, welcome to the forum.. So your coming over from the dark side then? :lol: :lol: you don't say wich model kettle your looking for? J.k.l.M.A.B?.. Have a look round the forum, and there's lots of stuff to read and some reference photos too.. :D
Last edited by KETTLE BOY on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

senicoli

Post by senicoli »

hello and welcome to the forum are you looking for a kettle to restore or one already restored a good friend of mine has one for sale total rebuild the full monty looks stunning (in west yorks) word of warning though was talking ten grand firm last time I asked the price :) :?: colin
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Welcome Cas. I'm also East Midlands based.

I admire your taste in GT's. Who wouldn't want one of these ;)
Kettle2.JPG
Kev
KettleCas

Post by KettleCas »

KETTLE BOY wrote:Hi kettlecas, welcome to the forum.. So your coming over from the dark side then? :lol: :lol: you don't say wich model kettle your looking for? J.k.l.m.A.B?.. Have a look round the forum, and there's lots of stuff to read and some reference photos too.. :D
Thank you all for your welcomes
Lovely bike you have there Kev :)
I would like a J or K but not firm on that ;)
I do want a bike that has the Engine and Standard Pipes sorted and then priced per the condition of the rest of the bike
Cheers :D
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote:
I admire your taste in GT's. Who wouldn't want one of these ;)

Kev
ME :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the madhouse. Depends what sort of riding you want to do. 750wise the later models stop and handle better and are nice 2 up tourers but if you like something lighter and easier to get on with, don't discount a 550. They handle better and go just as well but the prices aren't as silly.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Welcome to the madhouse. Depends what sort of riding you want to do. 750wise the later models stop and handle better and are nice 2 up tourers but if you like something lighter and easier to get on with, don't discount a 550. They handle better and go just as well but the prices aren't as silly.
Yet(i)
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote: They handle better and go just as well but the prices aren't as silly.
Well the handling is a relative thing especially if your used to modern tackle in which case they all handle crap :roll: as for being silly well mr H has got qualifications in that so he should know.
Oh yes, welcome to the asylum :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!