WANTED HIGGSPEEDS

keithbailey

WANTED HIGGSPEEDS

Post by keithbailey »

If anyone has a set of Higgspeed expansion chambers for a J Kettle for sale i would be very interested.
Keith
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
Mikey

Re: WANTED HIGGSPEEDS

Post by Mikey »

Have you had a word with Dave at Higgspeed, I got a set for my J and as you are aware they are (of course) slightly different to the later models. TBH a new set should be winthin your budget, second hand are not going to be that cheap as there are no pattern parts made and originals are like unicorn poo. Price may not be as expensive as you think you may get a deal!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Worrabart these? A good rub down and a can of matt black will make them pretty.
I'm only about an hour away in Wombwell. (Depends which bit of York you're in.)
Attachments
20140516_164803.jpg
20140516_170553.jpg
20140516_170623.jpg
20140516_170604.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Much nicer than those poxy Higgthings :tw
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
RickyPell50

Post by RickyPell50 »

Paul you really need to get over your obsession with Higgspeeds. If that is what the guy wants who are you to try and tell him what to get Plus the fact i have waited and kept my silence for a while until you raised the Higgy hate in you AGAIN. In my opinion you have swapped you beautiful GT750J for one of the no sorry THE ugliest set of models Suzuki ever produced.They were pug ugly then and still are to this day. They were named Craptanas where i come from.......Rick
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Each to their own I say, but we do have freedom of speech ;)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

RickyPell50 wrote:Paul you really need to get over your obsession with Higgspeeds. If that is what the guy wants who are you to try and tell him what to get Plus the fact i have waited and kept my silence for a while until you raised the Higgy hate in you AGAIN. In my opinion you have swapped you beautiful GT750J for one of the no sorry THE ugliest set of models Suzuki ever produced.They were pug ugly then and still are to this day. They were named Craptanas where i come from.......Rick
Totally agree Rick
Keith
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Good job we're all different or it would be a boring old world.
My take on it is that the GT750J is OK to look at but other than the front brake which is pretty but not very good on the 750, it was a barge.
The later models were much better.
I rode the 750Js when they came out and was so unimpressed, I bought a 550J as the big 'un didn't go, stop or handle very well - all very important to a (then) 21 year old.
I rode a mate's 750A when they came out and was very impressed as it went, stopped and handled way better.
Eventually bought a 750B nearly 40 years later and it's OK (now), but I still prefer the 550 most times. Different tastes and needs really I suppose.
Regarding the Katanas, well, I can't really relate to them. I was out of bikes when they came out and never took much notice of the bike world for 30 years until I bought a CBX1000. A good way to rekindle the interest after a long gap!
Kats were and are, a bit of a Marmite style I suppose and I've ended up with a GSX1400 which certainly goes, stops and handles quite well, but still (to me) looks like a proper bike and doesn't need all the twiddling that the 70s bikes seem to.
Still prefer the 2 strokes though.
Like I said, we're all different.
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

Yes Alan
We all have different tastes, if you look at the bikes i currently have they are worlds apart but they all put a smile on my face in different ways.
Keith
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Yes, I've seen bikes like that - had one or two as well!!! :lol: