indicators won t work on left side

canaletto5

Re: indicators won t work on left side

Post by canaletto5 »

quark77 wrote:new motoblatt , just fitted a cheap two pin flasher , rt side still works and on left they still don t work but the neutral light and headlamp slowly flash !!
Hmm. There is a dark blue wire that has an in line connection to the neutral switch, and a light blue wire that has an in line connection to the indicator relay. Check they are the right way around.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Dirty connection on the bulb or old bulb. Check the bulbholder/bulb and see if either are dirty/discoloured. What test do you get through the switch?
Hopefully it'll be traced if it was a signed for parcel/envelope. I don't think M. Mouse is used any more. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

Alan H wrote:Dirty connection on the bulb or old bulb. Check the bulbholder/bulb and see if either are dirty/discoloured. What test do you get through the switch?
Hopefully it'll be traced if it was a signed for parcel/envelope. I don't think M. Mouse is used any more. :roll:
if I switch connections from right to left , bulbs on left then work perfectly but fault moves to right
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

might sound stupid I had same problem on a gt250 tried everything on closer inspection previous owner had fitted new indicator units that had 6 volt bulbs in put new 12 volts in new flasher unit off she went flashing like an old man in a dirty raincoat ;) :) colin
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Kettletimes3 wrote:
Alan H wrote:Dirty connection on the bulb or old bulb. Check the bulbholder/bulb and see if either are dirty/discoloured. What test do you get through the switch?
if I switch connections from right to left , bulbs on left then work perfectly but fault moves to right
You got the same problem on your bike? :lol:

led bulb in the dash panel for repeater? That would make 3 bulbs 1 side and 2 bulbs t'other in effect.
Or summat else entirely.............
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
quark77

Post by quark77 »

cheers for the input guys , taken on board and will make further checks tomorrow !
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

Alan H wrote:
Kettletimes3 wrote:
You got the same problem on your bike? :lol:

led bulb in the dash panel for repeater? That would make 3 bulbs 1 side and 2 bulbs t'other in effect.
Or summat else entirely.............
All my Bulbs are in the garden,It's a bit to cold for them to show. :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

canaletto5 wrote:
quark77 wrote:new motoblatt , just fitted a cheap two pin flasher , rt side still works and on left they still don t work but the neutral light and headlamp slowly flash !!
Hmm. There is a dark blue wire that has an in line connection to the neutral switch, and a light blue wire that has an in line connection to the indicator relay. Check they are the right way around.
This is at the end of the loom near the relay, not in the headlamp
quark77

Post by quark77 »

checked that all as it should be , waiting for switch and the moment of truth !!
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

It is possible that you have the indicator and neutral bulb holders swapped about in your clock unit. Just check. The neutral bulb holder has dark blue and orange wires. the indicator bulb holder has a light green and a black wire.