GT380M Fork Oil

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
2strokejohnny

Re: GT380M Fork Oil

Post by 2strokejohnny »

i've just done my fork seals on my gt380m with the forks off the bike much easier one at a time and used halfords fork oil remember the correct amount for the M model 145cc
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/motorc ... -10w-500ml
feels nice and firm not springy like it was on my bike before.2sj
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

canaletto5 wrote:Whichever version it is, please be aware of the "boing" factor when they release. I have a broken lamp fitting as evidence that they can travel a surprising vertical distance :o :lol:
That could turn into a broken eye socket if you don't keep your head out of the way. :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

That's a one eyed view John :lol: :tw
willowden

Post by willowden »

Hi Fellas, a bit of guidance please.
So I put my helmet on & my novochock repellant overalls & removed the circlip underneath the rubber bung on my fork legs.
The cap everyone has warned me about will not come out on both of them ? The cap will move downwards when pushed but won’t come out !! I was prepared for a nuclear explosion !
Any suggestions. I assume the forks won’t split without the removal of this cap. If they did I could remove the forks ?
Also while we are on the subject , is there any merit in fitting new progressive springs ? I know Wemoto sell them.
Many thanks for any suggestions,
Andy
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

yep mine was the same just keep pushing down then quick release i did spray some wd 40 down to make it easier pushing down, and i did buy replacement fork seats off astrax(on here ) which were a lot better when refitting,2sj
like this but for the gt380
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GT750 ... SwIaFZFaMT
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

willowden wrote:Hi Fellas, a bit of guidance please.
So I put my helmet on & my novochock repellant overalls & removed the circlip underneath the rubber bung on my fork legs.
The cap everyone has warned me about will not come out on both of them ? The cap will move downwards when pushed but won’t come out !! I was prepared for a nuclear explosion !
Any suggestions. I assume the forks won’t split without the removal of this cap. If they did I could remove the forks ?
Also while we are on the subject , is there any merit in fitting new progressive springs ? I know Wemoto sell them.
Many thanks for any suggestions,
Andy
Are the forks still on the bike?, may be worth slacking the pinch bolts to allow removal of the bung