Loss of power

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
paradox1559

Re: Loss of power

Post by paradox1559 »

I did rebuild it, and it works much better now. However, since I got the bike the key switch only worked in the middle position. It still won't turn on with the key turned all the way to the right. What exactly does that position do?
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Turns on parking lights, if fitted.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
paradox1559

Post by paradox1559 »

I found out it was starving for fuel. There was a slight kink in the fuel line......... Rebuilt the ignition switch and it works %100 almost like new.

However I was riding it and my previously inoperable headlight decided it worked. After about 2 minutes of having a headlight again I lost all power and it won't turn back on... The main fuse isn't blown so I'm at a loss here. I followed the main fuse wire and found the end in the headlamp bucket and it isn't hooked up to anything. There are a couple more wires up front that haven't been hooked up since I've had it, a few of which are for turn signals that I don't have. The others in not sure about. I will post a picture of the wiring in a bit
paradox1559

Post by paradox1559 »

The main fuse was in fact blown. Now I have to figure out WHY it blew
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi, my ignition switch played up, it wasn't making a positive connection when the key was turned. I didn't waste any time replacing it ,or trying to overhaul it :idea: Be aware that after market ones have their faults, try to stay with OEM Suzuki switch if you can :!:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.