GT750J Exhaust Refurb

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Stevengt750

GT750J Exhaust Refurb

Post by Stevengt750 »

Hi, I currently in the process of finishing off a restoration of my Gt750 j but I'm having problems finding somebody who can repair some dents and re-chrome exhaust , has anyone out there got any recommendations as to where I could take them . They will require quite a lot of work . Recently at the NEC show there was a chap there that would cut them open repair them and re chrome them he seemed to be part of the GT owners club but unfortunately I didn't get his number any help and recommendations would be appreciated . Also I'm replacing all the Alan bolts which have been fitted to the casings with the standard screw fixings does anybody know or have a chart to show-the correct length and location of the screws cheers Steve
senicoli

Re: GT750J Exhaust Refurb

Post by senicoli »

re standard screw fixings bought mine as a kit of e bay they came in the correct lengths just spread em out on the garage floor take the old uns out one at a time match and fit new one carry on regardless till you have done em all boring but it works colin
oldjapanesebikes

Re: GT750J Exhaust Refurb

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Stevengt750 wrote:...does anybody know or have a chart to show-the correct length and location of the screws ...
You can download a chart/list from my web site at this link:

https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/Additi ... length.pdf

8-)
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com