Wont go into neutral

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
verminator

Wont go into neutral

Post by verminator »

During the engine rebuild I had all new clutch plates fitted as well. Since then, it is an absolute pig to slip into neutral when warm. Other than that, it changes up and down sweet as a nut. I have learnt to 'ride around' it and just drop into neutral from 2nd when coming up to a stop but if I stop in 1st it just wont come up into neutral unless I literally pull the shift up by hand! Could it just be an adjustment issue?
Flyingscotsman1

Re: Wont go into neutral

Post by Flyingscotsman1 »

Mine did the same mate its the clutch adjustment
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

verminator wrote:During the engine rebuild I had all new clutch plates fitted as well. Since then, it is an absolute pig to slip into neutral when warm. Other than that, it changes up and down sweet as a nut. I have learnt to 'ride around' it and just drop into neutral from 2nd when coming up to a stop but if I stop in 1st it just wont come up into neutral unless I literally pull the shift up by hand! Could it just be an adjustment issue?
Have you changed the oil since the rebuild ?It is worth draining down and filling with fresh oil if yuo haven't yet. Other than that, +1 on adjustment. Kev
verminator

Post by verminator »

The oil was replaced but I didn't do it. I do remember the first time I changed the oil and slightly overfilled it. That had the same effect so it could be worth draining and refilling just to make sure.
Thanks chaps.
Alanm2932

Post by Alanm2932 »

Great thread and very helpful to me as mine does the same. Many thanks!