Crooks Suzuki spares

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
yeadon_m

Re: Crooks Suzuki spares

Post by yeadon_m »

Baz,
I'm hoping one of them is the GSX1400. Not that mine is in a crate but it still looks new after 4 1/2 years :-))
I saw a nice unrestored but superb Yamaha YDS7 go for £3000 recently. I had a 72 that I bought in 1977 for £195. Thrashed, crashed and sold for £95 and I was delighted!
Cheers,
Mike
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

What you should do is buy and fix up a couple of modern bikes that are already 15 years old into mint condition and ride them for the next 20 years. All the while you have them, you are stockpiling parts for them and keeping them in mint condition.
Now you will have hopefully achieved the cash cow within the next 20 years, the only thing is??? which bikes. You cant know which ones will become classics but given the current crop of stuff being made, ANYTHING from around the 80s will be highly sought after.
Two strokes, its just that simple.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I thought I'd resurrect my first post from 2011 and has Crooks repair quote for my GT550J accident back in 1972.
Some may find it interesting....
Those that don't, shouldn't bother reading it! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

brilliant piece of motorcycle history brought back loads of memories the price list is fascinating sure some people think the prices are current :lol: colin
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

I went into Crooks to pick up a few bits and pieces for my Kettle last week whilst staying up there with a mate for the holidays, everything about the shop right down to the smell is like being transported back in time, an absolute pleasure 8-)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I thought I'd resurrect this fred for interest. Have a look at the invoice on page 1.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Kin ell! £19 for an exhaust and £24 for a fuel tank :o
Must dig my time machine out 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Thought I'd 'bump' this thread again just for the posted repair invoice near the top. Pity we didn't buy lots of spares then to sell now!!!