GT550 full exhaust system

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
ElmerFudd

GT550 full exhaust system

Post by ElmerFudd »

Afternoon Gents,

Not been on here for a while but the current situation and hours of boredom is making me yearn for a GT550 again!

I've come across a bike but it only has expansion chambers which I am not a fan of, so I was just wondering whether anyone manufactures replacement original spec exhaust systems? I've looked online and can't find any and imagine that decent s/h OE sets are like rocking horse doo doo and if you did find a set you'd need to sell a kidney to buy them.

Any input much apprecisted - thanks.
ElmerFudd

Re: GT550 full exhaust system

Post by ElmerFudd »

I take it thats a no then! :)
barney01

Post by barney01 »

There are currently no replacements being manufactured for the 550 but they do appear on ebay from time to time but they are like rocking horse poo and are very expensive. Good luck!
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I would think by the lack of replies that is a definite no Dave, I know Delkevics make a repro' set of standard exhausts for the GT750 but I've not seen anyone making standard copies for any of the other GT range, supply and demand I guess. Plenty of companies making expansions but that's not what you're after. Perhaps this post will be noticed by someone with a more positive answer to your query.
Regards. Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Dbailey

Post by Dbailey »

Have you looked at the next post.. Tom has bought himself a 550 and plans to fit a 3 into 1. You never know might be up for a deal on the ones removed...

Dave B
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Depends how decent and what style. With or without coupling pipes?
I might just have some - I'll check when you let me know what you hope to fit!
I've a Piper 3-1 as well that I had ceramic coated- bike sold now though.
November 2015.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
crazy4557

Post by crazy4557 »

It took me 18 months to gather together a full set of pipes (without link pipes)via ebay for my restoration, had to look everyday. For that reason I won't attempt another restoration, too bloody rare these days, hope that answers your question.
1976 GT550A in black
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Yes, parts for some of our bikes is getting hard to find now and if you do find what your looking for the price is astronomical. Try finding a decent set of exhausts for a 750J/K for example! Even the less popular bikes are commanding silly money now :cry: I’m just finishing my T500, some people are asking £6-700 for a front mudguard :shock:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
boyoink

Post by boyoink »

I have a full NOS set of the early linked exhaust system that i would consider selling.
geoffersgra

Post by geoffersgra »

Sounds unbelievable
How much you looking for
GT550K 1973
RGV 250 1994
Ducati 1200s Multistrada 2012
Ducati 749. 2005