Earwig

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
2StrokeDreamer

Re: Earwig

Post by 2StrokeDreamer »

Alan H wrote: Well, if you need spares, let me know.
Cheers, there is bound to be something. I've asked for as many bits as I can think of, that I think I'll need - so there'll probably be many more missed out.
I paid less than £600 for the Earwig AND the engineless Yeti. It's just a case of watching and a bit of luck. I only paid a tad over £600 for the green 550k, but it did take 3 years to do. I sold a fairly complete 550K early last year for £500 too. The GS wheels and swing arm fit easy, and can be put back standard without a problem if you need to.
I guess this is probably the difference between picking them up locally, and from the businesses bringing in the american barn finds eh? (the soon-to-be-mine is from a barn find - I've checked NOVA to make sure the frame is registered there, it is).

Any particular places you keep an eye out or is it really just ebay/gumtree and/or who-you-know-not-what-you-know?
(I suspect I could get addicted to these Suzi triples, and I'm already liking the idea of having a T500 much further down the line)
And perhaps the Earwig may have another identity when it's back on the road this year. 8-) Watch the thread, plans are afoot.
Sub'd.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Clutch issues on another thread....
The saga (and re rebuild) continues.......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

The Earwig engine is refitted and the remantling of the rest can commence.
Engine in.jpg
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Coming on nicely Al 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

After getting through a list of jobs in the shed and garden, managed to get some bits done on the A and J 550s yesterday. Both engines in now and the 'spiders' are nice & clean, so on to fitting them and the oil pumps. Got a bag of O rings for the pumps and got 'several' pumps ready, but where tf are the drive pins? Obviously in a VERY safe place, so ordered some 3mm stainless rod to make some. I got a bagful of plaggy washers for the spider to cases connections and I suspect they're with the pins, ffs.
Nowt straightforrard is there?
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Haha! Know the feeling Alan :lol: i managed a 6 mile ride on my J yesterday (just to chemist to pick up essential prescription) got home to find rear light lens missing! :o fortunately there is a guy selling perfect replicas on eblob.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Barney, did the lens simply unscrew it's self, OR was there human intervention, that you didn't see after returning from the Chemist :?:

Stay safe during these testing times ;)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Alan its very strange as the screws pulled out of the chrome cover and the threaded inserts have gone too :roll:
Been back along the route on my pushbike but no sign of it.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

If you meant the ones in the reflector Barney, I can't help as I haven't a spare 'early' dogbone light for the twin bulb lamp.
I know that Paul swapped a dogbone style for a round lamp on his T500, but it might be a single bulb type. You can only ask.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:If you meant the ones in the reflector Barney, I can't help as I haven't a spare 'early' dogbone light for the twin bulb lamp.
I know that Paul swapped a dogbone style for a round lamp on his T500, but it might be a single bulb type. You can only ask.
Too late I’ve already flogged it :oops:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!