Lowering a gt750

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
nathern

Lowering a gt750

Post by nathern »

Hi
Thought i would ask this.
I'm short in the leg and only been able to get the front of my feet on the ground when at standstill,this wasn't really an issue in my younger days but has time marches on it's becoming a bit of a worry especially on uneven ground or road camber.
So is it possible to lower the bike a tat, I know I can lower the seat foam but was wondering about lowering the forks & the rear shocks.
barney01

Re: Lowering a gt750

Post by barney01 »

Hagon do adjustable ride height shock absorbers. It may well be beneficial to send them an email :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Let the tyres down a bit. Or get some Gary Glitter boots like Richard's. (Itsnotateapot on this forum).
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:Let the tyres down a bit. Or get some Gary Glitter boots like Richard's. (Itsnotateapot on this forum).
:lol: :lol: :lol: Unusually funny for you Al, and for once I can understand what you're saying. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I would think twice about lowering a kettle as they ground out with normal ride height :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Unlike 550s of course, which actually handle quite well.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Unlike 550s of course, which actually handle quite well.
But not as well as the 500 :mrgreen:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

nathern

Post by nathern »

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions, I let the tires down a bit, didn't make much difference and out on the road approaching 60 it got a bit wobbly.
I think i'm going to have the standard seat cut down.I have a cafe racer style seat( that was on the bike when I bought it ) which is slightly lower but tends to push you on to the tank .
I'm also looking in to sourcing a pair of "height increasing" motorbike boots but they seem to be only available in the USA and are expensive.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I’m sure there’s a rack in the Tower of London you could use? I’ll have a word with auntie Lizzie if you want :mrgreen:

mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

PaulD738 wrote:I’m sure there’s a rack in the Tower of London you could use? I’ll have a word with auntie Lizzie if you want :mrgreen:
They’ll go nice with your “tie and dye” T shirt. :lol: