tyre sizes

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
jeffers

tyre sizes

Post by jeffers »

Sorry all but i am really going to start mithering now. first up tyres, am i right in thinking the tyre size is 100 90 19 f and 120 90 18 rear

ta
emptyoiltank

Re: tyre sizes

Post by emptyoiltank »

Thats what I have on mine and it's fine.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Jeffers,
I can recommend Avon Roadriders and also note they are the only UK manufactured motorcycle tyre (I think)
I have these on my GT750A and the confidence they give is great.
Cheers,
Mike

Front tyre Roadrider
Pressure front: 2.5bar(36psi) - I use 33psi
Front size: 3.25-19 54V

Rear tyre Roadrider
Pressure rear: 2.9bar(42psi) - I use 36psi
Rear size: 4.00-18 64V
grand tourer

Post by grand tourer »

nice looking tyre too
didge

Post by didge »

I love my Bridgstone BT45's and often take them to bed for the evening just to keep them smiling.
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

didge, i thought i was the only wierdo with a rubber fetish... i got a shock when i saw the prices of the BT45's might look at the Avons to compare.
astrax

Post by astrax »

jeffers wrote:didge, i thought i was the only wierdo with a rubber fetish... i got a shock when i saw the prices of the BT45's might look at the Avons to compare.
Hi Jeffers

I use to use dunlop arrowmax's for a number of years but the kettleclinic boys recommended BT45's so have just bought a pair 100/90 x 19 and 120/90 x 18 for £134 delivered, through one of the many website that seem to be a front end for Universal Tyres.

I didn't think £134 for the pair is too bad seeing some places were trying to charge nearly £180 for same tyres.

The site was recommended by one of the members http://www.motorcycletyres.uk.com

Their notification system was down when I ordered the tyres so I did get a bit concerned when I didn't get conformation of the order and the money went out my account but phoned up several numbers and spoke to someone and they confirmed order and said there was a delay getting the rear tyre but they both tyres arrived within 12 days.

Ian
Last edited by astrax on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
didge

Post by didge »

I use the "tyreguys" on fleabay, next day delivery, nice guys too if you want to ring them and ask a question about tyre sizes or something relevent, they'll take your card details there and then if you wanted.
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

me to, but why get the modern sizes when they do the old sizes in bt45's ??
didge wrote:I use the "tyreguys" on fleabay, next day delivery, nice guys too if you want to ring them and ask a question about tyre sizes or something relevent, they'll take your card details there and then if you wanted.
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

thanks guys, just oredered some roadriders.