Which two stroke oil line feeds RH cylinder (not crank)

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
yeadon_m

Which two stroke oil line feeds RH cylinder (not crank)

Post by yeadon_m »

Chaps,
At some point I will scratch the itch that is my uncertainty on how well my oil system is working. I suspect I have a partial blockage in the oil feed line to the RH upper cylinder. I think the pump is fine.
I can get to both banjos on RH of course, but which is the one of the two that feeds the cylinder and which the crank?
Knowing this will give me confidence I am ensuring the correct one is clear without mucking about with any others.
Cheers!
Mike
BAZ

Re: Which two stroke oil line feeds RH cylinder (not crank)

Post by BAZ »

The right one feeds the crank and the left the cylinder. on the 2 visible oil feed lines. Why do you think you have a blockage! There is a lot of pressure here so blockages are not a big problem.BAZ
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Baz,
The RH pipe NEVER smokes more than the tinest whisper (which I am guessing is crank oil) under any position of oil pump lever, whereas the Left smokes a little, and much more if I hold the oil pump lever open and wait. Centres definitely respond to oil pump lever.
My GT380 is much more 'symmetrical' in the way it smokes and responds to the oil pump.
I just don't understand how it can be that my RH pipe on the Kettle stays dry all the time....just the slightest bit of dry carbon.
Not a big deal but would be annoyed if having noticed this I ignore it and it seizes in the next 500miles!
Cheers,
Mike
malky

Post by malky »

there never seems to be the slightest hint of smoke from any of my pipes since using synthetic oil apart from when started from cold and on choke for the first few seconds - also my top right exh is always dry at the end while the bottom two are oily - the left top is slightly oily ,I notice that this seems to be the norm on nearly every kettle I look at though cant quite understand why unless its something to do with the sris system.
Mal
grand tourer

Post by grand tourer »

Hi all
All four of my pipes are as dry as an arabs sandal. as I commented in the delkevic noise debate post these two stroke exhausts are running under very different conditions than they used to,modern oils coupled with the SRIS system and moderate riding attitudes means nowadays we have an extremely clean running two stroke (remember the seventies Shell 2T, Morrises Golden Film and how much the old Jawas,Benellis and CZ's used to smoke) In my opinion degradation of both pipes and baffles is inevitable in my case as regular inspection of them suggests they have no intention of oiling up to the level they used to. Mike is right to be concerned with his query and is only putting out feelers for an explanation, as these pipes dont produce any where near as much smoke nowadays underlying lubrication problems are becoming harder to detect.(one consolation Mike is that your right hand crank seal is ok!)
Andy
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

It may be a good idea to block the SRIS Lines Mike and see what happens. I have never seen a kettle the smokes evenly on all pipes (except the bottom two!!!) My engine is well set up and running on Silicone semi synthetic and always smokes when it open it up usually going past mark.OK before you comment mark you catch me back up on the next bend!!!
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Chaps,
Thank you for your info - it is reassuring. Bet there's nowt wrong with my oiling system then after all. I am indeed running fully synthetic two stroke oil.
Cheers all!
Mike