Now for something different......

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Now for something different......

Post by Alan H »

Last year for my 70th BD, Lynn bought me a flight in an aerobatic aircraft at Sherburn Aero Club - this one - www.sherburnaeroclub.com/trial-flights/ ... -flight-27 .
Well, fitting in in around covid and holidays caused issues then a fat git broke the canopy and finally the fuel tank sprang a leak, and being an aerobatic aircraft, it had to be mended properly. The tank ended up being sent to New Zealand for repairs (why the fk they didn't get a new one is beyond me!), so finally we managed to sort out a day and that was today.
I got to have a go at flying it around York and that was brill - and pulled some 'G' which was weird and good, and the instructor (who was an ex BA pilot and several years older than me- honest!!) did the hard work. Several loops, rolls, bunts and an Immellmann and more G until I think he saw I had had enough excitement and flew 'normally' for a bit. No I wasn't sick, but I reckon another Top Gun manoeuvre might have done it!
Anyway, a great day out and a well deserved bacon sarnie after we landed.
Still life in the old dog (me!), and I'm a youthful 71 in five weeks!!
Another guy in his thirties there, asked me why, and shouldn't I act my age, and I replied that I didn't know how to act nearly 71 as I'd never been that old before.

Growing older is mandatory, but growing up is definitely not.

Pics to follow very soon as I only have my phone here... :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Re: Now for something different......

Post by PaulD738 »

I was very poorly about 20 odd years ago, and I mean poorly in that I thought I was going to croak it. Anyhoo I got better and a friend who had been through a similar illness gave me the best advice I’ve ever been given.
THIS AINT A DRY RUN, IF YOU DONT DO IT NOW YOU WONT GET ANOTHER CHANCE.
I’ve lived my life by that mantra ever since, much to the annoyance of SWMBO :D
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!