GT380 rebuild now complete

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
asco58

Re: GT380 rebuild now complete

Post by asco58 »

Your bike looks really good and the airbox covers look brilliant as well.

I've head of the company Chromespray U.K in Basildon and was considering it but haven't used them yet.
What was your experience with this company and would you recommend them?

Thanks
badgereng

Post by badgereng »

Ha! I was hoping nobody would ask but here’s the executive summary.

- Sent them a few messages thru the contact us facility on the website with description and approx size of the covers. Slow response was the reason the word ‘few’ was used.

- Eventually got a reply after a week or two after I used the email contact rather than the web based “contact us” facility with the quote and approximation on how long it would take. Was told £65 each and three weeks (4th April)

- I received them back at the price quoted (1st August). Essentially 4 months.

- The bike was ride ready at the end of April when the pipes came back from Agbriggs, hence 3 weeks for the caps was a perfect fit.

- Between them dates was a few unanswered emails and many answered telephone calls. Always an excuse such as staff problems, covid and workload. Same excuses on a loop everytime I called to the point where I was making detailed notes just in case I had to take other measure to get them back or in some way recompensed for items that are rarer than the proverbial rocking horse 💩

No complaints about either the quality of finish or the price but to quote Roy Keane….. Customer Service was ‘Shocking’

Well,,,, you did ask :D
asco58

Post by asco58 »

Thanks for explaining your experience, good to know about the customer service in case I want to use them in the future.
badgereng

Post by badgereng »

No problem 👍
wardy

Post by wardy »

Thanks Pete. that's not too bad if they come out like yours!
cheers
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)