You can chat about anything you like here
Eastham

The Motorbike Show

Post by Eastham »

Looking forward to see how Henry’s latest retro goes :D
zapo

Re: The Motorbike Show

Post by zapo »

Impressed by his mate Milly. Could tell that their restoration project "J " had a good motor just by kicking it over. :shock:
I had two stroke's and survived.
asco58

Post by asco58 »

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I reckon that they might strip the engine down later onto get everything vapour blasted.
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

Looking forward to Mondays episode as it’s the final reviling of the restoration, so far it’s been stunning, can believe theres hasn’t been much response on here about it ? maybe nobody but me watches the program ? or ??
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I watch it and all his other shows, a very quirky and eccentric character. I met him a few years ago and he was nothing like he is on the TV, but I don't think he could keep up the act 24/7.
And I often wonder who pays for all the work that goes into the resto's, and in this instance, what will happen to the kettle when it's finished?
Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
arthur

Post by arthur »

I also like Henrys persona ,and his autobiography make good reading.
As to the restro's ITS NOT REAL well it is----- but easy to spend when the production company are picking up the bill.
And its a good advert for many other companies /suppliers painters etc who may pick up a bit of work off the back of the program
oldbiker

Post by oldbiker »

I have not been overly impressed by the latest resto. I thought it was a crowd-pleaser. But it is a TV prog after all. And at least a common(ish) bike.
But I guess it will show us all what we already know.... it's a fortune to restore a sort-after machine to showroom glory. And when it's finished, he should have no problems selling it for a good price, especially since it's been done by the big man himself.

But the prog is of interest and I watch the repeats. So it must be ok. There are not that many motorbike progs on the telly.

OB
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

Job done and in Henry’s own words, another one saved

B4C92C98-418F-429D-9443-ED9593798F05.jpeg
Attachments
38164387-2738-4D9F-BF68-C98F336C840A.png
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

Milly's work is beyond reproach, don't think TV is his thing though really, do you ? :D
No denying the bike looks the dogs but the prices Henry's has on his parts bought list is an absolute joke, unless he bought everything he needed 20yrs ago of course.
If you were to add Milly's labour to the build at a very reasonable mates rates of £5k on top of the true/realistic cost of everything else the bike would easily have eaten £20k+ all day long.

At the end of the day, love him or hate him, Henry's the only one who bothers putting in the effort to get bikes on the telly.
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

Yes Milly is a genius and Henry is a clown, but I love him :D
Seems like most of the regulars on here don’t watch the program :shock: