leaks

You can chat about anything you like here
arthur

leaks

Post by arthur »

I think my 380 is the result of a unhealthy union between a suzuki and a triumph all the polished skill of the suzuki engineers and the oil retention of a pre unit triumph.
park her up for a while and she likes to mark her territory with 2 stroke :lol:
So this afternoon I spent a hour in the workshop with said bike and Johnnie Walker (DJ---- not Scotch
although the latter did a times seem a good option) :lol:
I took the tank off to get a clear view of the oil lines set up a remote feed to the carbs and fired her up.
BUT like some Men not a drop is passed while somebody is looking .faffed about for a while ,gave up, tomorrow is another day!
kawonda750

Re: leaks

Post by kawonda750 »

My guess would be to clean up the engine above where the leaks appear on the ground then let it sit and then follow the trail after a day or so. At least, it has worked for me....
arthur

Post by arthur »

Hi and good evening,
after letting her sit overnight still not a drop , the only thing that's changed is I fitted a centre stand so she now sits upright not leaning over on the side stand, On the upside the oil runs down the drain hole beneath the carbs and lubes the chain :D
I am leaning (no pun) towards the nylon washers on the banjos not being up to the job they seem a bit hard to me.
kawonda750

Post by kawonda750 »

automatic chain oiler adds value.... plus extends chain life. win, win.
arthur

Post by arthur »

Always look on the bright side of life :D