GT 380 Warm Start Problems

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
arthur

GT 380 Warm Start Problems

Post by arthur »

Small problem , Cold , choke on , she starts second kick but after a 10 mile run out yesterday I stopped for a short while, No start :( Kick Kick no go luckily there was a small ramp to roll down and she bumped into life.
she seemed a bit sluggish to pull away but once out of the 20 limit and over 4000 rpm she picked up a bit, but still feels off . This has happened a couple of times I am leaning towards choke problems But any suggestions welcome
arthur

Re: GT 380 Warm Start Problems

Post by arthur »

Had a quick look today as far as I can see all chokes are functioning as normal ,although the lever is a bit loose the ball bearing is holding it in selected position. Fired up second kick!!
However it did not help that the rear brake was binding a bit and adding extra loading
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

How far did you get before the swearing stopped? :lol:

Slightly clogged exhaust, if you don't run fast to clear the engine occasionally, go 1 plug rating hotter, air filter(s) clogged?
380 engines like to run faster than the 550s/750s and it keeps them clearer.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
asco58

Post by asco58 »

The chokes can leak a bit if the rubber seals get old and hard and makes it run rich. I had similar symptoms previously. I can't say this is definitely your problem but it's a possibility.
arthur

Post by arthur »

Only as far as the beer fridge!!!
arthur

Post by arthur »

Still being a pig ,went out today to Quatford for a brew ,runs well but had to bump her ,,,,,,,good job the food stop car park has a steep exit :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Check float levels. Looks like they might be causing over rich mix
arthur

Post by arthur »

Thanks for the suggestion I will take a look when I get the carbs off(again) !
I am still trying to get the two stroke to stay in the pipes and not leak out everywhere.
Last time I refitted everything It seemed fine ran her up on the bench and no leaks ,....went for a 10 mile shake down run oil everywhere ,So either vibration is loosening off the banjo or the heat is opening up a split/hole that I can't see .
I am going to remove the tank rig up a remote fuel feed and run her up till she's hot and see if I can spot anything leaking
Good thing its raining today I have a excuse to spend the afternoon in the shed!
malky

Post by malky »

Mine used to be a pig to start until I realised that the choke worked the opposite way around to most other two stroke Suzukis :oops:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

malky wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:52 pm Mine used to be a pig to start until I realised that the choke worked the opposite way around to most other two stroke Suzukis :oops:
Bloody good point, I made the same mistake :lol: