ACCENT ELECTRONIC IGNITION

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Zorch

Re: ACCENT ELECTRONIC IGNITION

Post by Zorch »

I'm struggling to find a supplier for these..........any help folks?

Cheers!
rogermac

Post by rogermac »

here you go
german site but guy speaks enough english

http://www.accent-electronic.com/ELZ2Coil.html
kettle post previous
http://www.kettleclinick.com/viewtopic. ... 1092#p7113
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Thank you!
badladjohn

Post by badladjohn »

just wondering if anyone has one of these,had a mishap today resulting in the wiring being ripped off the back,just wondering if anyone could let me have a pic of the rear of the unit showing the connections so i can re-solder them back.any help would be appreciated!
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Maybe the manufacturer could help you with a picture. I you need any soldering I can help.
badladjohn

Post by badladjohn »

cheers baz, i have emailed the supplier..awaiting a reply..fingers crossed!
MrCertifiable

Post by MrCertifiable »

Classic rant there Glenn, reminds me of Denis Leary in the 1990s.
although that might be a bit "modern" for you
.Thanks for using paragraphs, made it too the very end this time.
med time
by the way, i'm not missing the plot...... i lost it years ago.
Waiting for sanity
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Think i'd better throw away my bt45's and put a set of 70's nippy nogrip yokohamas back on then.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I agree with Glenn here - up to a point. I'm old school, even ancient school mostly, but I like to think that ease of maintenance and constant good running are equally as important as nostalgia.
I want to be able to use my 550 (s) when they are ready and I'm not really interested in 'what they are worth' as against riding/owning pleasure. I'll probably offend the purists, but if I want to upgrade something, hopefully allowing it to be 'in keeping', then what's the problem?
Back in 1973, I changed the 4LS front brake on my J for a disk and it was garbage. reasonable in the dry, lethal in the wet si I changed it back and the 4LS is a much better all rounder - that's why the classic racer tribe go mad for them.
A mate bought a (brand new) 750A with the DD set up and the brake was brilliant (never used it in the wet mind) so if I want to put a DD set up on a 550 which never had that set up, what's the problem? It's safer and better. My life is better than having a bike that is true, but inefficient.
I built a Rover 4.6 for my Land Rover - no electronics, all simple stuff and ran great with a huge 4 barrel carb and points, but on the 550, if electronic ignition makes the engine more reliable and less likely to give problems, then why not?
Mine will have points, new ones and set up as I used to back in the day, but if I can get some lekky points, rest assured, they will be on ( if they are cheap enough, after all I am a Yorkshireman!!!

I hope to meet Glenn soon, I'm sure the conversation will be interesting!!! Looking forward to the meeting. First pint/tea/coffee is on me (figuratively.)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

mark.read3 wrote:Think i'd better throw away my bt45's and put a set of 70's nippy nogrip yokohamas back on then.
Nice one Mark,spot on, first thing we did in the 70's with NEW BIKES was to get rid of the Japanese tires!!!They were absolute rubbish in wet weather,especially a brand called Inoue??? Regardless of capacity,make, or model,OFF they came,to be replaced with Metzelers,Dunlops,Avons,think you could say it had a lot to do with"self preservation" & wanting to enjoy your new pride & joy with confidence & without the likelyhood of "stepping off" it every time it rained!! Cheers, Roger.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.