Touring photos of BC

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Re: Touring photos of BC

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Baz did you get my PMs I sent to you? and lets see those pics, come on now.

Heres two videos of Highway 99 in the Duffey Lake region.

A section of the road near to Duffey Lake, put it on 720p full screen, sit back and enjoy the scenery as I follow Rick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYT97bxz0o

After a brief stop at the lake we move on again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3nIRo6ysPE
Two strokes, its just that simple.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Yes I will upload soon I have replied to your PM What camera was used for that footage!Looks great, but we ride on the correct side of the road in the UK
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Yes Baz I hear you about riding on the 'correct' side of the road, and I prefer using the left side too, however I cant do that sort of thing in North America.
Thats a Contour 1080P HD camera but YT loses a lot in the process of uploading and putting the vids up for viewing. The original videos are much clearer than what you are seeing posted.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Its very good I wanted to get footage from my pro camera on a bike but it proved difficult to mount on the bike(3kg). I should be able with my kit to keep the original quality. cheers Baz
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Just absolutely stunning. We would just die for roads like those.
Waterbuffalo

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Mark, Hwy 99 also known as the Duffey Lake Road is very long, use Google earth to check it out.
Basically you have that sort of riding from the town of Pemberton through the Duffey Lake region itself, then into Lillooet and on towards its junction near to Cache Creek. All told, the section I just mentioned is around 200 miles or possibly a bit longer in length.
You go from the forests into the high mountains, then down into lillooet where its part of the desert system. Then you are into the badlands areas all the way to Cache Creek.
East of Lillooet it looks like this video footage, see link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHSOmSg02MQ
didge

Post by didge »

Nice, it reminds me of the French Alps.