Stainless fuel tap plate

Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Re: Stainless fuel tap plate

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Just to add something about the rear sprocket nut locks. I know its not stock but if you buy the ones for the Mk1 Suzuki Bandit 1200 you get decent quality chrome plated 'Fuji lock' flange nuts which means you don't need the ugly sprocket locks bent over the plain nuts anymore. Its a much cleaner looking kit for finish and shiny as well, plus the Fuji lock nut is a very good design concept.
Two strokes, its just that simple.
astrax

Post by astrax »

Getting a bit closer
Picked up another sample today, had the text made a bit bigger on the word "FUEL" to see what it would look like as the same size as original now.
Quickly filled the text with some old paint, left photo is just a sanded finished and then the right is polished.
Next test. have asked for "FUEL" to be moved down 0.7mm where it is now bigger and the other text increased to the same size as FUEL and then I think will be good to go.
Mark got ON there this time.
Where these are test, I have not sanded or polished any edges, and the profile is wrong on these samples, it is too big by a few mm's below RES and above PRI, ( my cockup ) but saves wasting the correct size ones for testing.
ImageImage

The guys who have said they are interested, I should have some ready by the middle of next week.

Ian
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Ian put me down for a couple please,cheers,John.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I'll check my taps and see how many I need. What was the end price?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
astrax

Post by astrax »

I have been asked if I can make a stainless fuel tap plate for J&K model, is there anyone else who would be interested as not practical for me to get made if only one person needs it and I can not use it.

Ian
bigrocketrider

Post by bigrocketrider »

If you would like more buyers, I would certainly buy one each for my A and B.
kgb1

Post by kgb1 »

Looks good, I'll take one.
pin

Post by pin »

Put me down for one
astrax

Post by astrax »

I will have probably 9 fuel tap plates for L M A B models middle of next week, so those not a problem if anyone wants one.
I did not explained too good in last post, but been asked if I can make up a stainless one for the J & K model, which is different I am told and they sent image below ?

Is there anyone who would be interested in the tap plate for J/K tap assuming the price is right, if not I will tell the guy it is not practical for just him as I can not use it.

Ian
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Sounds good Ian, I cant wait to see the J&K version plates when you have them made up.
Two strokes, its just that simple.