Ow much? (bit gory, so be aware!!)

You can chat about anything you like here
PaulD738

Re: Ow much? (bit gory, so be aware!!)

Post by PaulD738 »

Shudda been a novelist Alan :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Oh, I'm quite novel. Hadn't you noticed? :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Oh, I'm quite novel. Hadn't you noticed? :lol:
Well there is certainly only one thank gawd :o
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Latest instalment of the gripping tale of derring do, adversity and pain!

After doing the fettling/sorting out in the garage t'other day, I finally decided I'd had enough fun so put the bikes away.
Started the A and warmed up nice, then parked up safe. Started the K and warmed up nice, then reversed into the garage and put it on the side stand. Without putting the side stand down. Realising that at about 1 degree past the point of no balance I threw myself between the FGH vice and the bike and took the main force of the impact on a couple of ribs (mine unfortunately, and probably the only ones without natural padding on them). After I got the bike upright with the good leg, putting the stand down and the bike on it and finally getting my breath back enough to call myself several relevant names, I locked up and came in. A couple of days later, the ribs still hurt like fook and it appears that I've cracked a couple of them. Of course it didn't help having to shift bags of soil and fetching the Hippo home today, so it's off to sit with those well known cousins, Ibo Prufen and Sing leMalt. No they aren't immigrants, well one isn't, but the pain is a bit better. 
Better have another chat with them.

I've put this on just to show that no matter how smart we think we are, there's always the f'kup fairy about to prove otherwise.

And stop laughing yer tw@ts! :?
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......................Stopped now
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Hi Alan,
Sorry to hear about the ribs (or possibly, intercostal muscle tears?). Having done similar several times a few years back when I was super skinny, I know how painful it is to laugh like that. Or lie down. Drinking seems to be a doable activity, thankfully. And breathing slowly.
Get well soon!
Mike
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Alan you should be on the stage! Some of your posts do make me larf! :lol: incidently this happened to me with a two week old Honda Blackbird on the start/finish at the TT. Took two people to lift it off me after i threw myself under it! I'm pretty sure there was a Ducati with an automatic side stand?
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
martyducati

Post by martyducati »

Ducati with a automatic stand! I've had two,both modified now after some prat decided to "try it out " when it was parked up? And assumed the stand was still down as he dropped it on its side!(he joined it shortly after this misdemeanour) expensive repair bills and messy court battle ensued,nightmare !
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

On the good side you didn't damage either bike :lol:
I had a GSXR1100 many moons ago, probably the best bike I ever had. I dropped it on some loose gravel outside my mum & dads house and landed on my head knocking myself out! I woke up in hospital to find my mum & dad at the bedside. My first words where "is my bike ok" gotta get yer priorities right :roll:

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

On the good side, you only hit your head. No chance of damaging anything there was there? :roll: