The Yeti

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Alan H

Re: The Yeti

Post by Alan H »

And found 'a friend' in Ramsey. Never did spot the owner - Vulcanman!
Attachments
20220825_144122.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Great news Alan! I always had some drama's with my J going to the island but always got there and back. Remember one dark night by the Villa Marina, with carbs in bits unsticking a throttle valve by torchlight with a crowd watching :lol:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D hi Alan looks like you had a great time out there mate , you certainly don’t mind taking on some miles with your GTS , which obviously goes to prove your ability to make your classics as reliable as they can be for their age , which I find very bloody good , and I’m sure when ever I take the hippo out ( ok which isn’t much ) I’ll find the same mate , it’s great to see any if the GT range out going places, and you certainly do , well unfortunately winters coming, what will you do now with 3 x 550s you greedy sod lol ,I’m sure you will be up to some new venture very soon alan , take care mate . :lol:
Frankibaby :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Double post - oops!
Last edited by Alan H on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Lovely time on the IOM, but one problem occurred - the bit on the end of the centrestand that one puts one's clog on broke off. Well it's only thinwall tubing and it is 50 years old - so I took the stand off and after lots of hammering to some 16mm mm bar, had the stand (and a spare) welded up, then powder coated dark black to match the frame. Fitted & works fine, so refitted the exhausts and run ok.
The kickstart had been playing silly buggers, so took the clutch cover off & found the circlip on the kickstart shaft had sprung out of it's detênt. Sorted that and another job done. Kickstart now works fine. Before I refill the gearbox, I'll sort the neutral switch - possibly tomorrowish after I've been to the horsepingtile for some more physio on me knackered legs.
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Starts on the button, just a gearbox oil change to be ready for riding
I do love this bike, but must change the LED headlamp I fitted for the IOM classic as it's just not in keeping with a J........ :roll:
Might be in the 'thin out' in a couple of months......... :shock:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Will now be for sale due to lack of garage space.
Please pm for details/price, but all details are on this thread really. Starts on the button, about 1700 miles since a full resto with a full engine rebuild with crank done and rebore.
Garage currently full, and when the 550B is done in about a month, that'll be hopefully sold too so I can do the 550M Dunstall with a bit of room in the remantling room.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Another little job done yesterday - fitted a Koito headlamp unit instead of the LED one that was installed to go to the Manx last year. Took the sat nav bracket & usb charger point off too, so the next buyer will get a bike that's as near standard as possible.