stainless seat trim-got one at last!

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
malky

stainless seat trim-got one at last!

Post by malky »

eureka! I got one at last!!-went to the stafford show at the weekend and while rummaging through the huge autojumble managed to get the holy grail of kettle bits - the stainless trim for the seat - ive been looking for one for years and Reg at RB bikes came to the rescue again with a totally unmarked item, a quick buff on the polishing wheel and on it went this morning-it looks a million times better than the plastic trim that i had on there.He was also selling off parts from an almost complete restored "B" model and all that was left at the end was the frame and engine.It was a good show and although more british orientated than the october show seems better for getting the odd little bargain as I also managed to get a good rear mudgaurd for my T500 which seem to be as plentifull as hens teeth ! all in all a good weekend.
Mal.
Attachments
Image244.jpg
Image241.jpg
oldjapanesebikes

Re: stainless seat trim-got one at last!

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Looking sharp !
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Malky,
A great find and a neat job. Do you mind sharing with us what you were separated with to buy it? in as good nick, they can go for upwards of £80 on ebay.
Cheers,
Mike
750kr1

Post by 750kr1 »

Looks great, worth whatever you paid...

I hate my P&P plastic strip
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Buy that one on ebay! its listed by a chap from the UK Yahoo GT forum and is apparently in very good condition. You won't regret it whatever you pay for it. And GTreiner sells low cost seat-trim fitting kits which do the job very neatly and easily.
Cheers,
Mike
malky

Post by malky »

I might get one of those fitting kits from Reiner Mike although to be honest the way I fitted the new cover previously it looks ok as it is with the small screws fixing it- had to file some flats on some 4mm washers to slide in to the rear of the strip as the screws were slightly too small and kept falling out but the end result was satisfactory and looks a lot better than the undersides of some of the professionaly fitted seat covers that I saw last weekend up at Stafford- glad to see that the B is back together and running ok .

mal