Bromlech exhaust. GT750.

teazer

Re: Cromlech exhaust. GT750.

Post by teazer »

Wardy, have you been to Grimsby?

I went there once as a kid and I don't think that they do things that way there....

Sorry Steve, Alan seemed to be MIA. :? :roll:

That's a good idea though. 3 into one pipes sound better than stock oem or aftermarket spannies except perhaps at wide open throttle going flat out. Compare the Ferrari like sound of a GT with 3 into one with popcorn makers like say Higgspeeds which sound terrible at low revs.

I have tried Strader and Omar's 3 into 1's and they sound great. I also have JEMCO, Bassani and J&R individual pipes which are OK when in the powerband on a tuned motor, but aurally painful around the 'hood at normal speeds.

Go get it while it's still there. And haggle the price down while you are there bargaining with the natives.
wardy

Post by wardy »

teazer wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:30 pm Wardy, have you been to Grimsby?

I went there once as a kid and I don't think that they do things that way there....

That's a good idea though. 3 into one pipes sound better than stock oem or aftermarket spannies except perhaps at wide open throttle going flat out. Compare the Ferrari like sound of a GT with 3 into one with popcorn makers like say Higgspeeds which sound terrible at low revs.

I have tried Strader and Omar's 3 into 1's and they sound great. I also have JEMCO, Bassani and J&R individual pipes which are OK when in the powerband on a tuned motor, but aurally painful around the 'hood at normal speeds.

Go get it while it's still there. And haggle the price down while you are there bargaining with the natives.
Teazer; I live near Scunny, 30 miles away from Grimsby and am a frequent visitor to Cleethorpes ( the LAST resort!)
It's not too bad up here in north lincs, I've even visited Steve's house on one occasion too.
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

wardy wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:13 pm
teazer wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:30 pm Wardy, have you been to Grimsby?

Teazer; I live near Scunny, 30 miles away from Grimsby and am a frequent visitor to Cleethorpes ( the LAST resort!)
It's not too bad up here in north lincs, I've even visited Steve's house on one occasion too.
And I Live in North East Linc's, where we're refined and much posher, and speak proper english, not like those barbaric Yorkies, Brummies, Scousers and Geordies on here :lol: :o ;) Only joking, it's just the Yorkies I can't understand ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teazer

Re: Bromlech exhaust. GT750.

Post by teazer »

Please don't tell anyone about this but I have to confess that my folks moved to Scunthorpe when I was a wee bairn. Don't have a lot of memories from that far back.

Visited Fylingdales in Yorkshire as an air cadet and I remember how cold and wet it was out on the moors. The other memory was in York where I saw a brand new Honda CB92 and it was insprirational for the time.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Had a look at this Bromlech 3 into 1 exhaust system and very nice it looks too, bet it sounds awesome as well, however after careful consideration and the fact that it's now getting bids, I've decided to pull out of the bidding.
I would have been a lot keener if I could've been sure that it would've fitted straight onto my bike, without losing the centre stand and definitely not needing to be re-jetted, but somebody will get an interesting conversion to play around with, so good luck to Rick the guy selling it, who I believe is also a member on this forum. And Rick, if you're reading this, I tried to leave my mobile number on your ebay "contact the seller" link, in case you wanted to meet up for a local rideout, but suspicious ebay wouldn't let me send my msg, probably think we were trying to do a private deal :roll:
so it's 07767854997.
Cheers Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote=wardy I live near Scunny, 30 miles away from Grimsby and am a frequent visitor to Cleethorpes ( the LAST resort!)
[/quote]

Andy, it's a long time since you visited my house with your mate and helped me fit the new combined regulator/rectifier to FAB (still working well thanks) and I've moved house since then. But if you're ever in the area let me know and I'll give you my address so you can pop round for a chat and a cuppa and see my new toy (the mighty 650 Enfield Interceptor :D )
Cheers Steve W.
burgs

Post by burgs »

Hi
Pulled a set of Bromlechs off No. 1 bike last year, they sounded good, main issues were no centre stand, and on long trips painfull on the right ear.
I did repack them about 12 months ago, made it a little less loud, still not good on long trips.
There out in the grass now might bring them in and put them with all the other junk. :D

Burgs
wardy

Post by wardy »

stevewharton wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:29 pm [quote=wardy I live near Scunny, 30 miles away from Grimsby and am a frequent visitor to Cleethorpes ( the LAST resort!)
Andy, it's a long time since you visited my house with your mate and helped me fit the new combined regulator/rectifier to FAB (still working well thanks) and I've moved house since then. But if you're ever in the area let me know and I'll give you my address so you can pop round for a chat and a cuppa and see my new toy (the mighty 650 Enfield Interceptor :D )
Cheers Steve W.
[/quote]

Ok Mate.. Thank you.
btw; those electronic reg/rects are great are they not?.. mine has never missed a beat since i put it on. really is "fit and forget"... just like my accent ignition!
cheers
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)