T-Cut required?

PaulD738

T-Cut required?

Post by PaulD738 »

They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Re: T-Cut required?

Post by stevewharton »

All three supposedly "J"s, yet all three with disc front brakes??? I guess the drum brakes were worth more than the bikes :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Re: T-Cut required?

Post by Alan H »

Well, back in 1973 when the K 550 came out, I bought a complete disc front end as an upgrade. Sold the 550 4ls front end to a mate with a T500.
I was so impressed with the wet weather performance of the disc setup, that it was only on a few weeks, and swapped it for another 4ls front end off a 550J - this was a mate who never went out in the rain! So sometimes an upgrade was done because it was the latest 'inovation' and not nececessarily fashion. A 4ls set up back then was worth less than a hundred quid, and the single disc kit including a new fork leg with caliper mount was only a bit more - less than £130 iirc.
Another point is that the 550K US import I rebuilt a few years ago was built in August 1972, the same time we got the 550J, and I was told at the time tgat mine was the first privately registered 550 in the UK (Suzuki had some done for testing purposes a couple of weeks before.)
My original bike was registered on 26th August '72.
The ones in the pictures refered to in Paul's first post could be 750Ks perhaps?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated