Anyone after a J front brake?

barney01

Anyone after a J front brake?

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
RobMc

Re: Anyone after a J front brake?

Post by RobMc »

That does seem excessive ! I only noticed because of my 380j restoration which is taking far longer than I would have liked,over the last two years asking prices for certain parts do seem to have doubled or tripled.Early slotted horn is one(if you can find one)or the black plastic chainguard,not many early type airboxes about either and those I`ve seen are expensive.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

That really is taking the P.
Twin air horns are better on a 550, or a pair of wind tones hidden under the tank, and a chrome chainguard looks lovely on my 550J! :lol:
Must ebay the black plaggy one sometime........ :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
RobMc

Post by RobMc »

Alan H wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 pm That really is taking the P.
Twin air horns are better on a 550, or a pair of wind tones hidden under the tank, and a chrome chainguard looks lovely on my 550J! :lol:
Must ebay the black plaggy one sometime........ :roll:
You`re probably right about the chainguard Alan,I don`t mind if a bike is`nt quite `correct`down to the last nut and bolt and a bit of `bling` hurts no one.I particularly like the paint job Kev did for your 550 with the glitter finish-looks superb. After all,we all fitted what we thought were `go faster`parts back in the day-I fitted a set of allspeeds and K&Ns to my GT250 and it never ran properly again! :?
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

My kettle has a dragon scale paint job and it definitely goes much faster ;) :lol: :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:45 pm My kettle has a dragon scale paint job
Dragon scale.....more like a dinosaur scale. And the paint job is just as heavy as the rider.......
dinosaur.gif
dinosaur.gif (34.9 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

RobMc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:10 pm That does seem excessive ! I only noticed because of my 380j restoration which is taking far longer than I would have liked,over the last two years asking prices for certain parts do seem to have doubled or tripled.Early slotted horn is one(if you can find one)or the black plastic chainguard,not many early type airboxes about either and those I`ve seen are expensive.
are you still looking bud?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-T380- ... Sw1xtfE917
RobMc

Post by RobMc »

Cheers Kev,that looks pretty reasonable compared to one or two I've seen advertised.