Bromlech exhaust. GT750.

stevewharton

Bromlech exhaust. GT750.

Post by stevewharton »

Just spotted a 3 into 1 Bromlech exhaust system for sale on ebay for £175, my reason for being interested is, it's in Grimsby where I live.
Not heard of this system before and wondered if anyone on here has and can tell me anything about it, like pro's, con's and any mod's required to fit it?
TIA for any advice.
Last edited by stevewharton on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teazer

Re: Cromlech exhaust. GT750.

Post by teazer »

It's a Bromlech exhaust which came from the land down under. Supposedly very good exhausts. The weight loss alone would make a huge difference to acceleration. Besdies, 3 into 1 systems sound wicked.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Thanks Teazer, worth having a look then and it all comes down to condition and price.
Does anyone know if the main stand needs removing and any info' about the baffle, if one's fitted?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Just been told by Stempy on here that the exhaust is being sold by someone I may know and it's only a couple of miles away, so going to see it on Thursday if it's not sold.
slosher

Post by slosher »

The brochure shows it fitted to a Kettle Steve with no main stand showing ;) it also states it's not an annoying sound :o that rules Alan out for buying it then :lol: :lol:
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

slosher wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 pm The brochure shows it fitted to a Kettle Steve with no main stand showing ;) it also states it's not an annoying sound :o that rules Alan out for buying it then :lol: :lol:
Already got a set of spannies on the Hippo, and the Earwig - and the Yeti isn't particularly quiet at 8000rpm!!
I expect it will just sound like a 'gurgle' on Steve's kipper - sorry kettle........ :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
rodent

Post by rodent »

They're a big bulky pipe and you will lose the centre stand :( I'm currently running a Tranzac pipe which lets you retain the stand :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAComN48OVk
teazer

Post by teazer »

I have a Strader 3 into 1 on one bike and both stands are fine. It is a skinny pipe. I fitted a big fat Omar's Torque Cannon 3 into 1 to the Dunstall and it also cleared both stands. Nicely made by Jemco I believe.

Back around 2008, 2009, there was a guy by the name of Bryce Girdler in FNQ (Far North Queensland) IIRC, who ran a Bromlech pipe on his GT750 but looks like the center stand is MIA. I saw a couple of pics of the exhaust on other bikes without center stand. That may mean a lack of clearance or it might be that the owners had trouble fitting the pipe with stand on and may not have tried to refit the stand after the pipe was fitted. I guess you will let us know soon.
Attachments
DSCN9720.JPG
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote=teazer I guess you will let us know soon.
[/quote]

Sure will, I'm away from home for a couple of days but arranged to have a look on Thursday, if it hasn't sold by then, it's open to offers so could go quick.
wardy

Post by wardy »

I've just had a look at the ad. Steve.... looks good to me. I'd go for it. If you don't like it ,you could always resell it too.
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)