GT750a Seat Cover Recommendations

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
rodent

Re: GT750a Seat Cover Recommendations

Post by rodent »

PaulD738 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 pm It’s an easy enough job if you buy a decent cover. I’ve done two now one on my Kettle and one on the T500 I’m restoring.

Paul, If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase your 750 seat cover from?
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

If I can put my two pennies in. The best I've used are also from Pitstop Replicas. They are a lot better in that they have the original style finished edge to them with a plastic stiffener fitted. A lot of seat covers have no finished edges and you are left with loads of material to trim.
rodent

Post by rodent »

canaletto5 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 am If I can put my two pennies in. The best I've used are also from Pitstop Replicas. They are a lot better in that they have the original style finished edge to them with a plastic stiffener fitted. A lot of seat covers have no finished edges and you are left with loads of material to trim.
Was the pattern the same as factory? I bought one from Pit replica(I have bought from them before without issue) and the moulded pattern isn't close to the original one :(

The one in Paul's picture looks closer to original.

canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Mine were for an A model 550 and a B model kettle. Both spot on but the photo you have posted is disappointing
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

rodent wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:11 am
PaulD738 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 pm It’s an easy enough job if you buy a decent cover. I’ve done two now one on my Kettle and one on the T500 I’m restoring.

Paul, If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase your 750 seat cover from?
To be honest it was a few years ago when I did the Kettle, all I can tell you was it was an eBay seller. Sorry
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
malky

Post by malky »

Did this one on a GT250K from Pit Replicas a couple of years back and it was spot on
Attachments
Screenshot_20200819-133351_Gallery.jpg
rodent

Post by rodent »

I've gotten onto a guy out here who claims to have "near exact" reproduction seat covers for sale. He says he's not tech savvy but will try to shoot me a picture today.

Or I'll just keep scouring Ebay 'till I find another that looks presentable(I have found a couple of candidates so far).
rodent

Post by rodent »

I caught up with the "seat" guy today, he didn't have any pics to show me as he doesn't have any covers at the moment, But he did send me a pic of the fixture he uses to mould his own pattern on the top section(out of respect I can't post the pic), he said he should have a cover made for me by the end of next week :D

Price was around £83, which I think is more than reasonable for a custom made cover.