Unreliable old Suzukis.

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
stevewharton

Unreliable old Suzukis.

Post by stevewharton »

Looking at all the many, many problems everyone seems to be having with rectifiers, plugs, timing, carb's, exhausts, paint, fuel taps, fuel tanks, fuel, bearings, seals, starter motors, perished/hardened rubber, indicators, suspension, wiring, oil pumps, etc, etc, on all our classic Suzuki models, why don't we just all buy modern and become trouble free? Are we all insane?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
rodent

Re: Unreliable old Suzukis.

Post by rodent »

Most probably....
shunter

Post by shunter »

It's not just Suzukis I have a few of the other manufacturers as well and they are the same but to answer your question I think the answer has to be YES.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

stevewharton wrote:Looking at all the many, many problems everyone seems to be having with rectifiers, plugs, timing, carb's, exhausts, paint, fuel taps, fuel tanks, fuel, bearings, seals, starter motors, perished/hardened rubber, indicators, suspension, wiring, oil pumps, etc, etc, on all our classic Suzuki models, why don't we just all buy modern and become trouble free? Are we all insane?
Hmm. there's plenty of our components that leak, lost their stiffness or got too stiff, need encouragement to perform and have developed crap circulation. Careful you don't get traded in for a newer model...
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:Looking at all the many, many problems everyone seems to be having with rectifiers, plugs, timing, carb's, exhausts, paint, fuel taps, fuel tanks, fuel, bearings, seals, starter motors, perished/hardened rubber, indicators, suspension, wiring, oil pumps, etc, etc, on all our classic Suzuki models, why don't we just all buy modern and become trouble free? Are we all insane?
Not all of us, just the dimbo bimbo from grimbo with the wishy washy fishy pishy gaily scaley watter twatter.
Him being trouble free would be good too........ :roll:
(No apostrophe in carbs btw.) 8-)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Not all are unreliable, my Kat is faultless and my T500 has been trouble free since I sorted the weepy fork legs. It’s been put together properly ya see :lol: Having said that it’s still not turned a wheel since the initial fire up :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Him being trouble free would be good too........ :roll
To be free of you would be more than good, it would be bloody marvelous, like a dream come true. :lol:

Although knowing you, it wouldn't be free would it. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Although knowing you, it wouldn't be free would it. :roll:
Relatively inexpensive, perchance? :P
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Not all of us, just the dimbo bimbo from grimbo with the wishy washy fishy pishy gaily scaley watter twatter.
Alan, my MoldY mate :lol:

Yet again you missed out "multiple award winning bike" at the KETTLE clinic 2019 YORKSHIRE rally, as voted for by the members and their good ladies (including yours) :lol:

Or are you suffering from (age related memory loss?) ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:
Alan H wrote: Not all of us, just the dimbo bimbo from grimbo with the wishy washy fishy pishy gaily scaley watter twatter.
Alan, my MoldY mate :lol:

Yet again you missed out "multiple award winning bike" at the KETTLE clinic 2019 YORKSHIRE rally, as voted for by the members and their good ladies (including yours) :lol:

Or are you suffering from (age related memory loss?) ;)
No. Still waiting for the cheque. :|