Idiot of the month part 2

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Mr Bonehead

Idiot of the month part 2

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Do I need to have the engine out of the frame on my GT 750 to remove the cylinder block ?had a camera inside the barrel trying to locate the lost tie wrap problem but it's gone down into the crank,one other quick question who will cause most damage me removing the head with all the finess of a Russian shot putter or the 2inch plastic tie wrap :?:
Regards from France
teazer

Re: Idiot of the month part 2

Post by teazer »

The head and barrels can be removed with the motor in the frame. You may want to remove the stud from the top of the barrels though. It's a tight fit, but totally feasible.
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Thanks for the reply Teazer,is it just a bit of wd 40 and a pair of mole grips or have you any more wise words of advice?
Regards from France
teazer

Post by teazer »

Mr Bonehead wrote:..............is it just a bit of wd 40 and a pair of mole grips ....

Nuts...

As in use two nuts on the stud, one locked against the other and use a spanner (wrench) on the lower nut to remove the stud. When refitting the stud, use the same technique but add a little sealant or loctite to the threads to make sure it doesn't leak. The hole it threads into should be closed at the bottom, but some are open to the water jacket, so that's why they have to be sealed.
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Thanks for the advise,
Have a nice day and keep safe
Regards