Wussgoinon?

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
PaulD738

Wussgoinon?

Post by PaulD738 »

Had a strange fault on the way home from the ponderosa this afternoon?
The bikes been running fine with only a few little teething problems but as I dropped off a dual carriageway to a roundabout it dropped onto one cylinder and then after a dodgy pull away she came back on two? I slowed down to give way to some traffic and it happened again but as soon as I accelerated away it chimed in on two again? This happened half a dozen times and always at slow speeds or tickover. It then dawned on me that it happens every time I either indicated or used the brakes (stop light switch) so the next junction I tried to judge it so I didn’t use the brakes or indicators and lo & behold it was perfect? When I got home I tried it on the main stand with the motor ticking over and she dropped one cylinder each time the brake light or indicators are used? I was thinking it wasn’t charging at first but there appears to be plenty of life in the battery. So come on you electrickery magicians WOSGOINON?
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Re: Wussgoinon?

Post by Alan H »

When you brake, one of the cylinders cuts out as well.
It's the SSQAF system. 'Suzuki Stops Quick As Fluck'. One model only - yours, apparently......

Or there's a fault on the brake light circuit, 'appens. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

Alan H wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:27 pm When you brake, one of the cylinders cuts out as well.
It's the SSQAF system. 'Suzuki Stops Quick As Fluck'. One model only - yours, apparently......
Well that was about as much use as a pair of tits on a Nun :lol:
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:27 pm When you brake, one of the cylinders cuts out as well.

The bulb Might be in upside down :roll:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

mizzytheman wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:43 am

The bulb Might be in upside down :roll:
Kin ell Martin I’ve just wet mesel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

malky

Post by malky »

Had a strange one on the T500K last week - lights on main beam light on permanently checked wiring all good turned out to be a faulty new headlamp bulb which was connecting both filaments together - i had a problem with the other T500 where it would blow a fuse if both brakes were used heavily - put new switches on and touch wood its been fine since ,these bikes are strange old beasts yours sounds like a voltage problem though as they will drop one cylinder if the battery voltage drops below a certain level - happy hunting
teazer

Post by teazer »

Ignoring for a moment the incorrect fitment of Australian bulbs....

Sounds like the battery isn't holding its charge. Could be a dying battery and it might be compounded by poor charging. I'd start by checking voltage
Fill in this form please

Voltage with nothing turned on: volts
Turn on ignition: volts
Fire it up
Voltage at idle: v
Voltage at say 3-5k revs: v

Hold it at a fast idle - say 2 or 3k revs and check the voltage as you pull the front brake lever or turn on the indicators or both and see what happens to the voltage and see if it drops a pot.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Ok thanks for that I’ll have a look tomorrow as I’m getting my Katana ready for it’s MOT tomorrow morning.
I’ve fitted a new Motobatt battery and although I’ve not had the multi meter on it yet the horn is loud, the lights seem bright and don’t dim when using the indicators with just ignition on and the motor off. I did find a dodgy earth on one of the indicators but that’s all.
I’ll post results of your test tomorrow.