First fire up part 2

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Mr Bonehead

First fire up part 2

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Hi all,forgot to mention in my first fire up post that when I noticed the fuel leaks from the petcock and float bowls I stopped the engine and removed the feed pipe to empty out the fuel in the tank ,the tank was pressurised ,any idea why this was or is this normal?
Cheers Mr B
canaletto5

Re: First fire up part 2

Post by canaletto5 »

How did you know it was pressurised?
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

canaletto5 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:27 pm How did you know it was pressurised?
Hi caneletto5,when I took the feed pipe off to remove the tank fuel fired out,I put my finger over and lifted the tank off over a container and got a mixture of air and fuel when I moved my finger
Weird or what
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Mr Bonehead wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:36 pm
canaletto5 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:27 pm How did you know it was pressurised?
Hi caneletto5,when I took the feed pipe off to remove the tank fuel fired out,I put my finger over and lifted the tank off over a container and got a mixture of air and fuel when I moved my finger
Weird or what
Just had a thought,maybe the hissing was air going in not coming out the fuel escaping might have been gravity ,might be a blocked breather in the cap causing a vacuum ,will check the cap tomorrow and see
Cheers