Middle pot cold

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Mr Bonehead

Re: Middle pot cold

Post by Mr Bonehead »

BATTS wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:14 am I know you've said the carbs are fresh from refurbing but I had the same problem centre cylinder as well, did all the usual timing (Accent ignition) new plugs, plug leads checked etc etc. Took the carbs off and put the bowl into an ultrasonic cleaner and lo and behold a load of crap came out of the passages in the casting. I can only assume that the first tank of fuel had a load of detritus in. Baz will have tested them with a known very clean fuel source.
Hi BATTS ,thanks for the reply,as you mentioned Baz will have done all the internals and test so I'm 100% confident that the problem is elsewhere,there's no spark on the centre plug and after the quick blast there was a unspent fuel drip at the center pot exhaust joint underneath the bike ,I'll know better when I get a new plug in
Cheers MrB
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

Hi Mr B. most decent car spares shops sell Iridium plugs for these bikes, its worth checking them out over where you are. even Halfords sell them over here.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm Hi Mr B. most decent car spares shops sell Iridium plugs for these bikes, its worth checking them out over where you are. even Halfords sell them over here.
Just had a look at Halfords site and they stock the correct iridium spark plug for a kettle for £10, plus they've an offer of £10 off your next purchase, so three plugs for your triple for £20.
I do like a bargain ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

stevewharton wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:08 pm
itsnotateapot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm Hi Mr B. most decent car spares shops sell Iridium plugs for these bikes, its worth checking them out over where you are. even Halfords sell them over here.
Just had a look at Halfords site and they stock the correct iridium spark plug for a kettle for £10, plus they've an offer of £10 off your next purchase, so three plugs for your triple for £20.
I do like a bargain ;)
Steve if you are in the AA you get 10% off at Halfords
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Thanks for the reply but France aren't very big on car spare shops,my local Suzuki bike shop debt even have a NGK B9EVX plug lime the ones that I have already,managed to find one on eBay.fr
MrB