First run

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Mr Bonehead

Re: First run

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Just tested the resistance on the plug caps,1 reads 10.57 ohms but next time tested reads 1 assume that's 0 resistance 1 also reads constantly 1 ohms and the last one is a constant 8.46 ohms
Think I'd better invest in some new ones :roll:
MrB
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Mr Bonehead wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:40 pm
canaletto5 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:25 pm As long as you don't want heat or light.. :lol:
The French electric and plumbing system is a law unto itself ,best left to the professionals,if I did it every time you flushed the toilet the bedroom light Would come :D
MrB
Mine does that :lol:
teazer

Post by teazer »

That sounds like old caps. Caps are typically zero or 5,000 ohms and on some designs, it's possible to dissassemble them and clean up corroded contacts, but they are rleatively cheap so I just replace them with new ones.

Electronic ignitions like to live in a noise free environment and object to too many noisy young volts running around. That's part of why they want to use resistor type plugs, but combine that with resistor caps and maybe that's more resistance than needed - even in France. French resistance, get it? I'll show myself out.
wardy

Post by wardy »

Alan H wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:23 am Personally, I always use non resistor plugs and plug caps on my points fitted bikes, but with electronic ignition systems, you need resistor caps, apparently.
Stick on decals eh? The stuff on the decals I had made Clicky linky is still there nearly four years on.
Must try and get the guy to do some more......
I'd get a set off you Alan!.. pleas do so!
cheers Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

teazer wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 pm That sounds like old caps. Caps are typically zero or 5,000 ohms and on some designs, it's possible to dissassemble them and clean up corroded contacts, but they are rleatively cheap so I just replace them with new ones.

Electronic ignitions like to live in a noise free environment and object to too many noisy young volts running around. That's part of why they want to use resistor type plugs, but combine that with resistor caps and maybe that's more resistance than needed - even in France. French resistance, get it? I'll show myself out.
Hi Teazer,thanks for the reply ,spotted some on eBay but according to some sites not all are 5k ohms so asked the question and waiting for a reply,as for the French resistant quote it wasn't too bad really,rather well thought out but don't forget your coat on the way out
:D
Cheers MrB
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:25 pm As long as you don't want heat or light.. :lol:
The French electric and plumbing system is a law unto itself ,best left to the professionals,if I did it every time you flushed the toilet the bedroom light Would come :D
MrB
Handy that :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

PaulD738 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:48 pm
MrB
Handy that :lol:
Hi Paul,in a way I suppose it would :D