Re: Crankshaft

Post by pin »

PS
Where’s the best place to get some
Pin
teazer

Post by teazer »

Did that disintegrate leaving the outer steel sleeve in the frame? If so, the steel outer has to be cut out. I suggest a hacksaw blade through the center and carefully split the sleeve. Once it's cut, it can be collapsed and driven out.

Clean out the hole and draw the new bush in with a length of threaded rod and suitable sized sockets. Use a long length of threaded rod to be sure it is lined up correctly.

Last pair I got from my local dealer. Part number 09319-10016 replaced by 09319-10029or 09319-10029-000 which show up here as not available... It's an isolastic mount and should be available from a bearing supplier or large hardware supplier if you can't get one from a dealer.

Just on another tack for a moment, one of my GT750s started to shake and at idle became noisy. Turned out to be the starter clutch screws came loose. This used to be my smoothest GT750, so I hope that cures it. Also funny that I fitted a 3 into 1 exhaust and both bikes with 3 into 1 shake and with three into four(OEM) or three into three didn't shake. If this doesn't fix it I'll swap the pipes and see what happens.
pin

Post by pin »

Thank you
Yes it just the rubber bit that’s come away from the out side metal ring ,
So the exhaust hanger was resting on the frame ,
Hope that’s the reason for the vibration I was out on it Saturday it pulls very well ,
Just had a look at some £42 pound each 😳
teazer

Post by teazer »

I don't recall the actual dimensions, but look at Honda rear wheel cush drive inserts for say an old CB250 or 450. They used to use similar metalastic bushes.

That seems a just a little expensive. Was that from an engineering supply house/factors/bearing supplier?
pin

Post by pin »

Hi
Just payed for two hanger mounts and some new exhaust gaskets £106 from Suzytwo 😭
But at least I can fit them and ride it again,
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

pin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Thank you
Yes it just the rubber bit that’s come away from the out side metal ring ,
So the exhaust hanger was resting on the frame ,
Hope that’s the reason for the vibration I was out on it Saturday it pulls very well ,
Just had a look at some £42 pound each 😳
Wuh, try our Baz !
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Looks like that one is! :lol:
Scotch750 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:49 pm Wuh, try our Baz !
Beat me to that one bud! ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated