colours

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
mrjones

colours

Post by mrjones »

hello everyone infrequent user here! my bike (750m) is painted gypsy candy gold ,i think thats the correct name! when i had it done i was very impressed but now a few years later im thinking of changing colour (the bike not me!) i quite like the silver but was thinking when i eventually come to sell it which is the most popular /saleable colour? after all i dont want to be paying out £200 or so for an unpopular paint job!
Attachments
DSCF0615.JPG
Alan H

Re: colours

Post by Alan H »

The correct colour for the model you have is always the best when selling the bike. In the meantime, have a look here - http://www.suzukicycles.org/ - which shows all years model/colours. Of course, if you're keeping the bike for a few years, paint it whatever colour you want. My VW/Peugeot with matching side panels paintwork works for me!
20180430_184732.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mrjones

Post by mrjones »

yes ive had a look at the different colours for the year (1975) grey im not overly keen and red is ok but i prefer what i have already , from what i can work out using the internet the 1976 red 750 A is the most popular and i cant disagree but like alan said i should stick with the correct paint for the year so im keeping the same colour for now at least!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You might have noticed that I had the side panels painted to match. I just don't like the black side panels unless the tank is black and had the GS ones done Maui blue too.
Only anoraks don't like them, so win win in my book.
That Gold looks good, and it's YOUR bike anyway......
mrjones

Post by mrjones »

Yes i can see youve ruined a good bike with those incorrectly coloured sidepanels and those wheels and exhausts! i think im going to have a lie down while i get over the non originality! next thing youll be saying you have incorrect warning stickers, if your not carefull the police will be informed!
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

mrjones wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:33 pm Yes i can see youve ruined a good bike with those incorrectly coloured sidepanels and those wheels and exhausts! i think im going to have a lie down while i get over the non originality! next thing youll be saying you have incorrect warning stickers, if your not carefull the police will be informed!
Wuh,
No, you'll find they are the correct colours for the chap that's riding it !
and the different wheels, exhausts, rad, rack and anything else that's fitted by the owner is alright too ! !
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Yes, the 'incorrect' warning stickers are there (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9913&hilit=Decals+for+the+non+anal), LED headlight, twin tone horns, radiator, GS1000 calipers, modern tyres with modern air in, usb charger for the slack nag, top box & panniers, semi synth 2t oil and unfortunately, modern petrol. Makes it the bike it should have been and we go touring on it 2 up.
Definitely not a show queen (even though I did get a trophy at a show with it), it's for riding, like all my bikes!!! ;)

Cheers for that Scotch, another chap that doesn't 'do' standard. 8-)