SEAT BRACKET REQUIRED?

Lowbourne1

SEAT BRACKET REQUIRED?

Post by Lowbourne1 »

Hi guys,
Has anyone got a seat bracket that locks into the mechanism, its for an 'A' model below. The bolt holes are straight & not on the angle as on the later 'B' model
oldjapanesebikes

Re: SEAT BRACKET REQUIRED?

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Nice colour !

I show the seat lock mechanism to be the same part number for L through B in all markets - are you certain yours is different ?
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
Lowbourne1

Post by Lowbourne1 »

Hi, yes the holes under the seat are in line & not off set?
oldjapanesebikes

I may have misunderstood you - if you mean the bracket that fits to the seat, then my listings show that as common across the GT185, GT380, GT550 and GT750 for years '74 through '77 (and also RE5 for '75 and '76). The seat locking assembly and plate (95700-36810) was used on the same models till 1976 changing to 95700-36811 for 1977 - it is listed as backwards compatible for the prior model years and so should fit your 'A'. I don't have access to a 'B' at the moment to double check. As a matter of interest, the later seat latch part number was also then used on the 1979 GS1000, GS750, GS550 and GS425 'L' models which was mainly offered in the USA.

That colour of your 'A' - was it a match to an original, or something different ? I ask as I've been looking for a UK market Candy Gold #4 offered in 1976 but as yet hadn't found a good example to be included in my gallery located at this link. Thanks !
Ian
Lowbourne1

Post by Lowbourne1 »

Hi Ian, my bike is registered 09.11.1976
Chassis No' 67387 Engine. 81147
Its unrestored & superb condition, 6 previous owners & I have details & contact numbers of all of them.
I have owned this bike twice now after selling it in 2010. Just bought it back in April 2012. I originally purchased it from a motorcycle
oil supplier in southampton where it was on display in the showroom for 8 years!
It realy is a jem. The log book says its orange & it is the original colour & has never been painted!
The seat base has beed drilled & tapped in line & not offset for the catch, I also have a B model, this has
the offset drillings. I thank you for the interest & you can use my bike for your site if you like
Rob
oldjapanesebikes

Lowbourne1 wrote: I thank you for the interest & you can use my bike for your site if you like
Rob
Thanks Rob - appreciated - I'll send you a PM.
Ian
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

This is a colour Suzuki offered on u.k. 1976 A' machines only its name is
Flake Orange number 2, a nice one off, model year colour that Suzuki never offered on anything else in the GT range either before or after this year 76'
Totally different shade and combination to the original 1974 L' model Flake Orange that colour was a Candy" colour ie it contained glitter particles in the silver base colour . number 2 is totally different in shade and very nice also,! thats whats here on this machine . typical Japanese to confuse everyone with a name,!
H.
astrax

Post by astrax »

Hi Rob
Have you sorted out a seat lock bracket, I am in the process of trying to make some stainless ones, the sample I have has offset holes.
Do you need one as the one you have is damaged or missing ?

If you have a sample I may be able to make one if it is the same as the other brackets except for the holes.

I have a pattern seat and the base has 3 holes for the bracket presumably to accommodate either of the 2 styles of brackets, are the two holes about 22mm apart ?

Ian