THE BIG 1974 L' GT model range Brochure,..!!

heathcliffe

THE BIG 1974 L' GT model range Brochure,..!!

Post by heathcliffe »

I get the feeling the 2 actors in this brochure thought they were doing a Nescafe Coffee ad, instead of a Motorcycle range brochure,! by the way they were dreseed for the occaision,!!. quite a rare brochure this one showing off the 74 L' model range line up, The Flake Orange GT 750 L' featured in this photo shoot,is a Factory "Pre-production Prototype", quite often a machine would have to be prepared quickly from the "line" in order to photograph for the follow years sales brochures which had to be prepared well in advance for distribution to the dealer neatworks before the machines themselves arrived at the dealer. if you supersize the left hand side view photographs of this particular bike you can see the following the brake caliper "Suzuki" badges are missing, the petrol tap is that from a 72'73' model year J' K' bike, and the "Suzuki Motor Company" side panel decals are also not fitted to this machine. there is also evidence of the thin oil coating that all the bikes were prepared with before crating, this i know from experience is cleaned off at the dealer once the bike has been removed from its transport crate, I would think this was to protect the machine from moisture damage whilst crated.
H.
Attachments
1974 L' range 378.jpg
1974 L' range 377.jpg
1974 L' range 376.jpg
1974 L' range 375.jpg
1974 L' range 374.jpg
1974 L' range 373.jpg
1974 L' range 372.jpg
1974 L' range 371.jpg
1974 L' range 370.jpg
1974 L' range 369.jpg