Bargain, kick in the nuts, bargain.

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Bargain, kick in the nuts, bargain.

Post by Alan H »

Just had a couple of days up in Largs in Jockmannanshire with a couple of mates and a boat.
Went up Saturday and booked the boat in at Largs Yacht Haven, stripped the brake shoes out of the trailer (so they can't sieze and they won't be needed until March when we fetch it home) all fine & dandy, then it started to rain. Not the proper Scottish sideways stuff, just a mizzle that slowly wets you through without noticing and rained the rest of the day and all Sunday when we went out on the boat.
Anyway, back to the hotel, dump bags and go for a walk down to Largs town centre - passing a few minutes with the RNLI lads on the way.
We were walking past the whisky shop and had a look in the windows (as you do) and were dragged inside by three very nice young ladies and invited (I nearly said 'forced') to sample some very nice malts.
Being an economical sort, I noted the prices and after couple of 'kinells, I noticed what must have been the cheapest in the shop on the bottom shelf and covered up. A peated blend from Berry Bros & Rudd. So I bought one as it was 30% off the normal price....as you do!
3 of us in the Range Rover Sport homeward bound and I'd started with a dose of Scottish snifflyitus and sore throatitus for good measure
Tasted the new whisky when I got home last night and very nice it was too!
Slept like a log after dosing with night nurse tablets, but full blown snottyitus today. :(
THEN after getting me monday bread and shopping trip done, I nipped into the local Morrison's and another bottom shelf 'clearanc' offer on view was 35cl bottles of Jameson's at 65% off - £4.85 a bottle. So I bought 4 and left one for somebody else.
So even though I've got a cold, it's not been a bad few days.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teazer

Re: Bargain, kick in the nuts, bargain.

Post by teazer »

Far Kinhill mate. Are they allowing people from Englandshire to travel to Bonnie Scotland again to take their money off them?

Are covid travel restrictions lifted again since Boris has done such a great job of keeping things under control?
Alan H

Re: Bargain, kick in the nuts, bargain.

Post by Alan H »

Yes, but Krankie won't play nice. No surprises there, eh?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated