Tempted by a new bike.

You can chat about anything you like here
itsnotateapot

Re: Tempted by a new bike.

Post by itsnotateapot »

stevewharton wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:55 am
itsnotateapot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:33 am Great news Steve, did you go for the chrome and black tank model.
I did Paul, that's the one I like best, shame it's the dearest :roll: but hey ho, it's only money. :P
Got a good price for the GSX1100 too, not much less than it was advertised for on ebay.
Shame its got to go, I really do like it, but now's the best time to change I think, to something a bit more sensible for a man of my age. :oops: or so swmbo says.
What are you on about I am not Paul
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:37 pm
stevewharton wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:55 am
itsnotateapot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:33 am Great news Steve, did you go for the chrome and black tank model.
I did Paul, that's the one I like best, shame it's the dearest :roll: but hey ho, it's only money. :P
Got a good price for the GSX1100 too, not much less than it was advertised for on ebay.
Shame its got to go, I really do like it, but now's the best time to change I think, to something a bit more sensible for a man of my age. :oops: or so swmbo says.
What are you on about I am not Paul
Sorry Richard, I'm so used to getting abuse from Yorkies when I saw a sensible question, I thought it was from someone else. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Pointless wasting an opportunity innit?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm Pointless wasting an opportunity innit?
So says a pointless opportunist waster :lol: ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:47 pm
Alan H wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm Pointless wasting an opportunity innit?
So says a pointless opportunist waster :lol: ;)
Correct, so stop doing it. My comment wasn't the wasted one.
wardy

Post by wardy »

glad youv'e took the plunge Steve.. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh1!.. don't forget to check out Stuart Fillingham on you tube. He has an Interceptor as well . really good site and a local guy.
I reckon i'm going to have a 500 bullet for next season. We will indeed be able to open an RE section on here!
Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Roger Ackery wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:54 pm
Alan H wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:25 pm Is there a pto for the cement mixer accessory?
(Similar idea to the HD plough attachment, I suspect.)

Alan, it's already been done ( Ploughing ) "Google" Royal Enfield Motorcycle Plough :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just had a look at this on google and it simply shows what a brilliant, versatile bike the Royal Enfield is. :P

It's also good to see the envy factor is still spreading amongst certain individuals. ;)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

wardy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:20 pm Steve.. I would say "go for it "too!.. I follow Stuart Fillingham ( a Hull based guy) on you tube and his channel is very good, with lots of RE content.
well worth a look.
I myself fancy, and I mean REALLY fancy a RE 500 bullet, just counting my pennies now!
cheers
Hi Andy, I've been watching the Stuart Fillingham videos on you tube, as you advised and they're very interesting and informative. Can't wait for Saturday now, the new Interceptor's being delivered sometime in the afternoon and I'll be out on it asap. Hoping to get to Squires two stroke meeting in the morning on the kettle, (weather permitting of course) so it looks like it's gonna be a busy day.
Been looking on ebay for accessories for the new bike too and found a genuine Royal Enfield, tall fly screen for £46, that's a massive saving on the £119 price on the official website. Isn't it fun spending money Alan. :o ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:31 am Hi Andy, I've been watching the Stuart Fillingham videos on you tube, as you advised and they're very interesting and informative. Can't wait for Saturday now, the new Interceptor's being delivered sometime in the afternoon and I'll be out on it asap. Hoping to get to Squires two stroke meeting in the morning on the kettle, (weather permitting of course) so it looks like it's gonna be a busy day.
It won't be allowed on site Steve, cos it doesn't have a proper engine without reciprocating valves.
Been looking on ebay for accessories for the new bike too and found a genuine Royal Enfield, tall fly screen for £46, that's a massive saving on the £119 price on the official website.
And you've the cheek to call me tight. Why not get a 'proper' adjustable Givi one similar to the one on Hippo?
A tall fly screen eh? Hopefully it'll still stop normal flies as well as the tall ones.
Isn't it fun spending money Alan. :o ;)
Yep. I love it - especially if it's someone elses'. :shock:
I've been interested in the development of the RE twins since they were mooted some time ago, and they've had some good reviews, but they aren't for me as I prefer 2 strokes.
REs are pretty in an agricultural way, I suppose. A mate had a Meteor Minor back in the 70s and that was nice too, but I bought a GT550 instead.
You get what you like mate, we've seen progress in your lifestyle for ages now, all the way from KKK to NFU it seems.
Keep up the good work and get that pension squandered - there's no pockets in a shroud...... ;)
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

[quote="Alan H" post_id=102598 time=1599554064 user_id

"- there's no pockets in a shroud."

Also a Quote from my Dear Old Dad :)
Who knew nothing about Royal Enfield's
OR any Motorcycle for that matter. :roll: :lol:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.