Tempted by a new bike.

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Re: Tempted by a new bike.

Post by Alan H »

mizzytheman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:27 pm
slosher wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:48 pm Great looking bike that Steve :) Seen a few today,that's not a Tractor Alan :roll: This is a Tractor :lol: :lol:

Alan doesn’t like tractors anymore. He’s an X tractor fan :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never been a fan of tractors - especially hardly ablesons - except maybe this one....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmE17Dg23w from 50 seconds on.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
wardy

Post by wardy »

very nice Steve. all that chrome looks very classy!.. looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point.
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

wardy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:11 am very nice Steve. all that chrome looks very classy!.. looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point.
Thanks Andy, it is a beauty and rides as good as it looks, I'm very pleased with my purchase. :D You're obviously another person on here with impeccable taste. 8-)

But isn't it strange how a certain person on here, who's always banging on about how he likes to be different, in an attempt to wind up the purists, doesn't like it when someone else does something different.
Or is that simply envy? :roll:
Can't wait to see what sh1te excuse he comes up with this time. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

8-) Hi, Steve, very nice, looks well made,just out of interest, what brand tyres does it come with ?

Cheers,
Roger.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Has it marked its territory yet :tw
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Only got it insured this morning and then swmbo wanted to go out for the day. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Roger Ackery wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 am 8-) Hi, Steve, very nice, looks well made,just out of interest, what brand tyres does it come with ?

Cheers,
Roger.
They're all fitted with Pirelli's, out all day today so can't say which type. :(
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Roger Ackery wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 am 8-) Hi, Steve, very nice, looks well made,just out of interest, what brand tyres does it come with ?

Cheers,
Roger.
Back home now and can tell you it's fitted with Pirelli Phantom SportsComp' tyres. All insured now and rearing to get out on the road. New genuine RE screen came today, (less than a week from India!) so I'll be getting that fitted asap. :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 am But isn't it strange how a certain person on here, who's always banging on about how he likes to be different, in an attempt to wind up the purists, doesn't like it when someone else does something different.
If you mean me, carry on - whatever floats your (fishing) boat. They're pretty in an agricultural way, but I don't want one.
Or is that simply envy? :roll:
Nope.
Can't wait to see what sh1te excuse he comes up with this time. ;)
Excuse? Dunno wotchermean. I just prefer 2 strokes.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:28 am Has it marked its territory yet :tw
I was a bit slow getting that one Paul, probably because I'm not used to such subtle sarcasm from the perpetual resident grump. :roll:
But to answer your expertly worded sarcastic dig,
there's no problem with oil slicks.............yet. :lol: