Lucas Rita Ignition.

You can chat about anything you like here
Rayfixer

Lucas Rita Ignition.

Post by Rayfixer »

Hi, My name is Ray and I'm new to the forum!. I'm helping my son to rebuild a gt750 A and he has a Lucas Rita Ignition amp, pick up and coil set that he would like to fit ( I've been running the same ignition on my Gt380B since 1979 and it's so much simpler to set than the standard points set up) our problem is that we just can not find a wiring/ fitting instruction sheet at all!.I still have my original instructions but it only gives info for the GT380 as to how to fit the amp!.Dose any one have a copy of the info for the Gt750? and, if so, could you sell us a photo copy?. Am loving the range of help/info on this forum, bikers are so much better at helping each other!!!.
mizzytheman

Re: Lucas Rita Ignition.

Post by mizzytheman »

Welcome to the forum,

Is this of any use

http://www.britcycle.com/Manuals/LusacR ... alInfo.pdf
Rayfixer

Post by Rayfixer »

Hi Mizzy, thanks for the link, I had seen this before but sadly they only seem to have info for Brit bikes!!!. I should also apologize for not responding sooner but I've been a bit unwell of late and not doing much of any thing, so am just trying to catch up with every thing at the moment. My son is cracking on with other stuff on his bike until we can get info on where the ignition amp goes. He has also accumulated a lot of spare amps/coils etc for us to use if we have any issues with the original set up. I've run this ignition on my GT380 since 1979 with no problems ( other than a cracked insulator on one coil, but that was back in 1981!). Regards: Ray.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,If you have no luck with the Lucas System doing the job, a lot of us on here are running the Accent Electronics System from Germany without any problems for years, very simple system,plugs straight into the Suzuki wiring harness, no black box to hide under the seat, I paid $250 Australian Dollars 5 years ago to give you an idea on cost ;)

uwe.gottwald@accent-electronic.com

ELZ2coil accent electronic ignition ( Google Search )

Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
teazer

Post by teazer »

I have a couple of RITA amplifiers but they are for twins or 4 cylinders. Attached files might help you to work it out. I included the T150 which is closest to what you have. RITA fires every revolution on 2 strokes or 4 strokes, so that eliminates one variable.

As you can see, they all use a single wire to trigger all coils at the same time.
Attachments
lr120pg2.jpg
lr113b.jpg
lr113a.jpg
General info.pdf
(283.5 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
fittinginstructions-triumph650and750twins.pdf
(123.92 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I have a full Rita system off a 550 if you need spares. I prefer points on my bikes.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated