New Owner

You can chat about anything you like here
PaulA

New Owner

Post by PaulA »

First GT750 arrived on Friday
Unrestored L model I believe,though this means nothing to me at the moment,had some help along the way,thanks to Barry Wilkes for his giving it a looking at before it continued its journey to the Isle of Man
Would like some used genuine handlebars and mirrors,been offered new ones but they’ll stick out like a sore thumb in its unrestored condition
Be prepared for a lot of questions
barney01

Re: New Owner

Post by barney01 »

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum and GT ownership :D
When you can why not post some pictures of it up? We love looking at photos. Any questions just ask. We are a friendly bunch and there's lots of experience on here.
Be aware there are quite a few TT and Manx goers on here who may want to stand in your front garden next year (hopefully) :lol:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

Hi Paul
colin is your man for mirrors he is on this forum as senicoli send him a pm he wil help,John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Paul, welcome to our brilliant forum, lots of good info', advice and spares on here, plus lots of good humoured banter and mickey taking by certain individuals. (Don't take things too seriously) ;)
Your new bike sounds interesting and its journey from the mainland, via Baz to the IOM sounds even more interesting, I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about its history and as Barney said, we do like lots of photo's.
+1 on 2strokejohnny's advice for mirrors, I've just had a pair of restored kettle mirrors, plus other stuff from Colin (senicoli) on here and they are spot on, with a very fair price too. He may have other parts you require too.
Regards, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".