Insurance renewal:-(

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Insurance renewal:-(

Post by stevewharton »

Just got my renewal quote through from Peter James insurance brokers :o and it's gone up from £112 for the kettle and the GSX1100 to £185 for the kettle and the Enfield. I knew it would probably go up with a new bike added on instead of the GSX, but I didn't expect that much of an increase.
So I started trawling the internet for quotes but couldn't find anything cheaper, Carol Nash came in at £269 on a multibike policy and others were similar, I even tried two separate policies with the Enfield being a modern and the kettle being a classic, but still couldn't beat PJ's renewal quote.
So I rang PJ to renew and asked why the premium had gone up so much after adding a smaller engined bike and removing the GSX and was told that it was down to the value of the Enfield and also that because it's a new bike it would have to be replaced with a new one after a bad prang. (Like Richards.)
Oh well it's only money I guess. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Re: Insurance renewal:-(

Post by PaulD738 »

I changed from Carole Nash to Peter James as Nash put the cost up by £100! Got both my Kat & T500 done for £150 with everything included. Well chuffed
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

£150's not bad for two bikes Paul, I guess mine costs a bit more with one being brand new and the kettle on £10000 agreed value.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Mine are both agreed too Steve, the Kat at £9k and T500 £8k. I was really pleased with the quote
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I guess a lot of variables come into the equation when working out the risk and the premium, like where you live, claims, clean licence :? etc, and the fact that you're a whippersnapper and me being a grumpy old git. :D
I thought I'd get that in before you or the special one did. ;)
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

mine is £250
9k,7k,4k, and modern triumph bonneville with sidecar all agreed value
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Not bad John, but have you all noticed how much premiums are creeping up? It doesn't seem too long ago that I paid just £64 for the kettles fully comp' policy, and also how careful you have to be when applying for a new policy in case you leave yourself with no cover.
I rang a well known insurer for a car insurance quote and answered "yes" when asked if I'd had any accidents, they then asked if it was my fault and I said no, it was the pheasant that'd ran out in front of me and caused almost a grands worth of damage to my new car.
They said it was my fault because you can't make a claim against a pheasant and slapped another £100 on the quote. :roll: Nitpicking, that's what I call it. ;)