You can chat about anything you like here
canaletto5

Re: enfusing youngsters with gts

Post by canaletto5 »

:P :P
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I tried to interest my lad in GT’s 40yrs ago but failed miserably. Mind you it was a feckkin Kettle :lol:
Attachments
970AD5BC-14AD-44DF-9093-667503B98903.jpeg
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I then tried to get my grandson (son of my lad in the previous pic) around five years ago but apparently he was only interested because on one of his computer games a “biker” is someone who uses his bike as transport to murder everyone :lol:
Attachments
F3CDF20D-EBAB-4FFB-B08D-352032377FC5.jpeg
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
quark77

Post by quark77 »

oh dear :lol: shouldn t laugh , sign of the times !
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

quark77 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:35 am last week my lads school.unexpectedly shut down ( teachers and pupils dropping with covid) well it doesn t look like its going to get any better so in an effort to keep him to ltd time on his electrical thingys ( xbox etc) i ve embarked on a series of " projects" for him ! Started with dropping and replacing gearbox oil on the gt750and 380 , then dismantling and replacing the 550 clutch , next is building a set of gt500 forks from a bag of bits ! The wife is a nurse and works shifts so me and the lad spend a lot of time together , he s my grandson but has lived with us from a baby , he s also autistic so he is meticulous when doing jobs ( and his knees are better lol) . Anyone else having success involving their youmgsters in our hobby during this Poo pandemic?
Sounds like a handy lad ,can you send him over here to help me in France? When he's done the bikes I can teach him all the skills like plastering and joinery so he can buy a cheap property, renovate I and get on the property ladder,tried it with my nephew 3yrs ago but unless it involved fighting alien invaders or driving pretent cars on a Xbox he was as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike!!!
MrB