Ebay warning

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Ebay warning

Post by stevewharton »

Bought a crash helmet off ebay on monday from a company called royalspares24x7
Paid £88 through paypal but when I checked my bank account they'd taken £93. So got straight onto the company and they said it wasn't them, it was ebay adding on ebay tax :tw
Don't believe that for one second so I've reported them to ebay so they can sort it out :x
Don't like getting scammed so it looks like I'll be demanding a refund and getting that company into as much sh1t as possible :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Re: Ebay warning

Post by Optedout »

It’s obviously down to currency fluctuations Steve, the Rupee is quite volatile at the moment! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Maybe, but when I click on "buy it now" for £88, I expect to pay £88 not £93, plus when challenged they tried to blame ebay tax not currency fluctuations, and the item is still being advertised on ebay at £88 :?:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:29 pm Bought a crash helmet off ebay on monday from a company called royalspares24x7
Paid £88 through paypal but when I checked my bank account they'd taken £93. So got straight onto the company and they said it wasn't them, it was ebay adding on ebay tax :tw
Don't believe that for one second so I've reported them to ebay so they can sort it out :x
Don't like getting scammed so it looks like I'll be demanding a refund and getting that company into as much sh1t as possible :roll:
I bought some stuff from the Netherlands and Germany and ebay are adding 20% VAT now we have left the EU! I challenged this with them and they say they are obliged to collect the tax on behalf of the country of the seller. So much for "no tariffs"
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Demand a refund like I'm going to do, and if ebay don't sort this out pronto I'll be kicking them into touch too :x

Bet they're quaking in their boots :roll:

But they should be, I might be a very small cog in their profit wheel, but with over 1200 ebay transactions to my credit, I can ruin them if I put my mind to it ;)
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:42 pm Maybe, but when I click on "buy it now" for £88, I expect to pay £88 not £93, plus when challenged they tried to blame ebay tax not currency fluctuations, and the item is still being advertised on ebay at £88 :?:
I think the stress has caused you to lose your sense of humour Steve, as the Indian
reference passed you by.
Either that or you’re turning into an honorary Yorkshireman!
:lol:
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

Hi Steve,
Did you pay through PayPal, If so I can’t see how they can take anymore than you authorised.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote=Optedout I think the stress has caused you to lose your sense of humour Steve, as the Indian
reference passed you by.
Either that or you’re turning into an honorary Yorkshireman![/quote]
Indian reference? :tw nope, still passed me by.

Might be getting to the bottom of this one though. The crash helmet was advertised in Australian dollars and UK pounds??? and it looks like paypal has made an "adjustment" after I made the payment.
Full refund it is then :x
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

If your head is only worth £88, go for it. Otherwise get a proper one.
Head or crash helmet, it's your choice after all..... :roll:
Anyway, serves you right for buying foreign rubbish - you should've stuck to good British Suzukis!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

i'm selling one of mine worn once or twice i have a bout 5 helmets :D look good on a btritish bike,John
https://www.gumtree.com/p/clothes-helme ... 1272103265
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny