Confusing problem and decision to make.

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Re: Confusing problem and decision to make.

Post by Alan H »

Depends on what you feel like riding at the time Steve. Went out on the GS last Sunday - getting to like it more now, but when I got home, noticed a leaky caliper and a couple of oil spots under the engine. Same as all 3 triples with oil leaks, so it appears they've been 'talking'.
Just enjoy the one you're riding at the time.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

That's decided then, I'll go with the general consensus and keep both of them :D
The Enfield for my regular ride ;) and the kettle for special occasions 8-)
Thanks for all the positive advice guys :ugeek:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Good decision Steve and I’m sure that you intended to do just that when you initially
invested in the Enfield.
Unfortunately there is no One bike that ticks all the boxes so
we end up with a collection! :lol:
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

FAB Steve
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

I’m sure you have made the right decision, I saw 2 Kettles pass me yesterday and it brought the biggest smile on my face for years :D
There is something special about the 2 stroke classics that modern bikes don’t have, ok, we have the worry of keeping them maintained(well I have) but they are worth it IMHO.

So enjoy both and who knows I might own an Enfield myself soon, as I’ve bought a local charity ticket and first prize is the GT650
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:47 am That's decided then, I'll go with the general consensus and keep both of them :D
Glad you are keeping the kettle, I have owned mine for 37 years and know I would miss it if gone, also the social side of owning one is worth keeping it for :D
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

raysunners wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:07 pm
stevewharton wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:47 am That's decided then, I'll go with the general consensus and keep both of them :D
Glad you are keeping the kettle, I have owned mine for 37 years and know I would miss it if gone, also the social side of owning one is worth keeping it for :D
Couldn't agree more Ray, besides I could hardly turn up to the clinic rally on an Enfield Intercepter, ;) Alan H wouldn't let me live that down, might be worth it though just to show him a clean pair of heels :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:24 pm Couldn't agree more Ray, besides I could hardly turn up to the clinic rally on an Enfield Intercepter, ;) Alan H wouldn't let me live that down, might be worth it though just to show him a clean pair of heels :lol:
You won't Steve, I'll go on the 550!!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

Alan H wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:51 pm
stevewharton wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:24 pm Couldn't agree more Ray, besides I could hardly turn up to the clinic rally on an Enfield Intercepter, ;) Alan H wouldn't let me live that down, might be worth it though just to show him a clean pair of heels :lol:
My point entirely :lol:
Steve, if you didn't need the space or money (or any other family member told you you did ;) ) it's by far the best choice 👍
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:51 pm
Alan, didn't you hear? 550's have now been banned from the "KETTLE" clinic rally, so you'll have to attend on a GT750, if you can handle one that is ;)